Notices

Stinky thinkin

Old 11-09-2019, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stinky thinkin

Good afternoon fam SoberRican here . just got off work . did 13 hours . feel good about it . so good that I got thrown a curve ball. The stinky think in tried to burst my bubble.saying hey you doing good brother. Why dont you reward yourself with a cold brewsky. Glad I thought of my handy tool chest. Popped that sucker open. And put it to use.. Put a kabosh on it. Thus thats why I'm sharing it with you. I tell you what I'm glad I didnt act on it fam . was I close? Nah but for me it was to close for comfort. I leaned on my higher power a little more than usual . and I am proud to say I was victorious . the feeling want away. A calm feeling came thru me. Now I am having me a nice cup oof green tea with honey. I refuse to allow the sauce to me my boss fam . ✌
Old 11-09-2019, 12:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Good afternoon fam SoberRican here . just got off work . did 13 hours . feel good about it . so good that I got thrown a curve ball. The stinky think in tried to burst my bubble.saying hey you doing good brother. Why dont you reward yourself with a cold brewsky. Glad I thought of my handy tool chest. Popped that sucker open. And put it to use.. Put a kabosh on it. Thus thats why I'm sharing it with you. I tell you what I'm glad I didnt act on it fam . was I close? Nah but for me it was to close for comfort. I leaned on my higher power a little more than usual . and I am proud to say I was victorious . the feeling want away. A calm feeling came thru me. Now I am having me a nice cup oof green tea with honey. I refuse to allow the sauce to me my boss fam . ✌
Thank you so much for this post! My Alcoholism is extra aware when I accomplish something, had a great work day or just feel good.
My alcoholism is seething- it dictates to "take me out on a date" in the guise to reward me. I have accepted its invitation many many times- after a very expensive date (which I could never afford ) it will always stick me with the bill. Plus it has me back in the hole where it wants me and there is nothing to reward. Its only purpose of us going steady at this point (such a charmer)is to cover up my guilt/shame and remorse. Oh and to stop the shaking...

Awesome job- you are practicing your recovery a day at a time and you have over six months sober. That is such an inspiration to me.
You are a power of example that Stinkin thinkin can be overcome- with your tool box thinkin!
Old 11-09-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SoberRican - You triumphed over temptation! Each time we grow a bit stronger. Proud of you.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You made the right choice. That way of thinking is what brought me unstuck last time and it went down hill fast from there. You should find a better way to treat yourself after all you got the long day done.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sweet.

Though I have not had even the slightest impulse to drink, even with a lot going on right now, Im very aware of how sneaky those urges can be.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself

Hope that wasnt to ghetto
Old 11-09-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nothin ghetto bout dat my friend . I did check myself.....glad I did.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats one of my go to mantras anytime my thoughts start going astray.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Update my reward to me was a nice outfit ✌
Old 11-09-2019, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on pushing past the urge and staying sober! The outfit is a much better choice for treating yourself!!