Notices

Day 4 - Severe Anxiety

Old 11-10-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Have a great day today! I love when I start my day with a meeting.
Keep posting would love to follow how you are doing.
Maybe start a new thread moderate or mild anxiety? Since you are feeling better a day at a time.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am over 72 hours into sobriety and I am also feeling anxious. I am frightened to leave the house, in fact. You're not alone.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auchieshuggle View Post
I am over 72 hours into sobriety and I am also feeling anxious. I am frightened to leave the house, in fact. You're not alone.
It will get better Auchie I promise you that, small steps one day at a time. Try and stay as positive as you can and push yourself outside of your comfort zone to do things your head tells you you can’t and you will star to feel better and more positive. You’ve got to tackle anxiety head on sometimes, it’s awful and goes against everything you want to do but it helps a lot. I can also recommend doing some exercise, lightly at first but it helps burn away the nervous energy and releases those feel good hormones and will also help you sleep better. Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to make some positive changes and you will be on the road to feeling better
Old 11-10-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your week OJ12

D
Old 11-10-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OJ12 View Post

It will get better Auchie I promise you that, small steps one day at a time. Try and stay as positive as you can and push yourself outside of your comfort zone to do things your head tells you you can’t and you will star to feel better and more positive. You’ve got to tackle anxiety head on sometimes, it’s awful and goes against everything you want to do but it helps a lot. I can also recommend doing some exercise, lightly at first but it helps burn away the nervous energy and releases those feel good hormones and will also help you sleep better. Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to make some positive changes and you will be on the road to feeling better
Thanks pal! Let's do this!
Old 11-11-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Feels good to be waking up fresh and positive on a Monday morning, what a difference a week makes!

Yes Auchie we can do this, and we will!

Have a positive sober day all!
Old 11-12-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post

1. A doctor wasn’t the SR answer, it was my answer. An informed, empathetic person. Not a website.

2. “at least” you are “anti whatever free?” Who gives a fig? Stop stigmatizing medication.

3. For a lot of people, losing their job is nothing in comparison to losing their lives.

Stop talking about something you do not understand or have an education in. The original poster did not ask you your uninformed thoughts and opinions on medication. ��
I try not to give advice. I tell my story hoping it helps someone because it helps me.

Appreciate the feedback. It hurt but maybe I needed that. Ouchy.

But, I still want to help folks know they should not just start taking any medication that makes them feel better willy nilly.

Sometimes suffering might be worth it.

My experience only.

The sr answer is see a dr.

I don't know what kind of hell anyone but myself went through.

My hell was deep and dark, curl up in a ball and cry, insanity, ptsd kind of stuff. I use the ptsd to never drink again. God help me.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post

1. A doctor wasn’t the SR answer, it was my answer. An informed, empathetic person. Not a website.

2. “at least” you are “anti whatever free?” Who gives a fig? Stop stigmatizing medication.

3. For a lot of people, losing their job is nothing in comparison to losing their lives.

Stop talking about something you do not understand or have an education in. The original poster did not ask you your uninformed thoughts and opinions on medication. 🙄
Thanks for saying that.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time OJ12

Sounds like you are feeling much better.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yes - sometimes I get random severe chlostrophobia, insomnia, and anxiety all at the same time when I'm withdrawing (at night is the insomnia). It scares the heck out of me. It's like a feeling of ultimate impending doom.

Alcohol is no bueno for some people.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi guys, been a bit busy the last couple of days so haven’t posted but things are still positive. Life has returned to relative normality, work and dealing with a young family whilst trying to fit my meetings in and working my programme. I must remember when I’m preoccupied with other things not to forget about my illness as that’s when it sneaks up on me when I’m least expecting it. All in all things are good right now, I’m not sure how many days as I don’t really count, I like to keep it to a day at a time. Like an old friend constantly reminds me, the most sober person today is the the one that got out of bed first! For anyone struggling, push yourself outside your comfort zone and learn to love yourself, those two things alone will help immensely. It’s a learning process for us all, and a journey that will continue till the day we die but the more effort we put in the more we get out. X