Notices

Need support...struggling :(

Old 10-22-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need support...struggling :(

Posted in another thread, but figured this might be better...

7 days today and feel like crap...eventually will schedule a doc appointment for myself to just figure out how bad off I am.

Scared, lonely in this fight. Wish I had a friend to just lay here and hold my hand through it, but that's not a possibility.

Trying to stay positive...trying to eat well, not hungry. I'm hydrated.

Scared of damage I've done.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your doing great on 7 days whatever damage has been done will start to reverse with each day of recovery.

i understand the loneliness thing. Stay in soberrecovery and post. We all help each other.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you.

Reading a lot and trying to post my fears, but keep myself focused on small progress.

Going through it alone makes it more terrifying despite having been alone off and on for years. No one knows I'm going through this except here on SR.

I'm an emotional wreck...

What if the damage is too much now? What if I took it too far? This relapse has been far harder. Just can't go back...hurts going forward.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was 5 months 9 days sober and relapsed late August I’ve been in hell ever since and today has been day 1.

in 3 days you will hit double figures with 10 days sober.

Like I said your brain is rewiring itself at the moment. The Deppression is unbeatable at times especially with the anxiety.

Use the pain your feeling to build determination to stay sober.

Worrying about what damage you have done to yourself will not improve your situation but staying sober will.

Whats done is done draw a line under it and keep moving forward!
Old 10-22-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Consider an AA meeting Sadforldr. There are friends there you have not yet met.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are necessary.
You are worth it.
Meetings and Music helped me a little.
If your brain is like mine it's intricate complicated and a mess!
I hated to do it but I was so miserable I found a meeting and not only a hand but a number and a voice outside my own head
to talk to
that knew what I did not.
my journey started with
na dot org
because I am an addict
Old 10-22-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm on day 8. It is hard, but so worth it. Maybe do something relaxing like meditating, taking a walk or a bath. You can do this!
Old 10-22-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Also you can come post in the class of October here: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-2-a-8.html
Old 10-22-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by awuh1 View Post
Consider an AA meeting Sadforldr. There are friends there you have not yet met.

I have just moved to a new town, I have considered looking into it here.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stable View Post
I was 5 months 9 days sober and relapsed late August I’ve been in hell ever since and today has been day 1.

in 3 days you will hit double figures with 10 days sober.

Like I said your brain is rewiring itself at the moment. The Deppression is unbeatable at times especially with the anxiety.

Use the pain your feeling to build determination to stay sober.

Worrying about what damage you have done to yourself will not improve your situation but staying sober will.

Whats done is done draw a line under it and keep moving forward!
You are right...another night trying to calm my mind and spirit and forgive myself for the past and just move forward.

Thank you for the encouragement.. somehow I forgot how hard this was. I don't think I will be able to forget this time.

Always amazed how kind people are on SR that are struggling themselves.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you, Citrus for the encouragement and kind words. I joined Oct group.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choicy View Post
You are necessary.
You are worth it.
Meetings and Music helped me a little.
If your brain is like mine it's intricate complicated and a mess!
I hated to do it but I was so miserable I found a meeting and not only a hand but a number and a voice outside my own head
to talk to
that knew what I did not.
my journey started with
na dot org
because I am an addict
Thank you, Choicy.

Yes, getting out of my own head would help. That's why I'm here...trying to keep it all in the right perspective.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We will hold your hand! You are doing the right thing by posting here. I go to meetings which helps alot.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi! I hope you're feeling a bit better.

My first post was on day 7 too. That was only 15 days ago, but in a way it feels like a lifetime ago. Not knowing your circumstances, I'll try not to compare too much to mine, but I can tell you that on day 7 I was not feeling terrific about my life and choices and my drinking habits that lead me to this forum.

Here on day 23, the world is looking far more forgiving and optimistic. My anxiety has decreased, I'm sleeping a bit better, and my body doesn't feel like it's constantly trying to play catch-up. I told my GP yesterday about what I'm going through and had a blood test. Results not in yet, but regardless of the damage I've done to my body, continuing to drink is the absolute opposite of what I need to start healing and looking after myself. I also felt an immense sense of relief by letting my GP know, she was totally understanding and supportive. She made the comment that alcohol is very addictive, and she sees a lot of people who have damaged their bodies with it but aren't yet able to admit they have a problem. The fact that you're here and worried about yourself puts you a step ahead in the right direction.

I hope you can see your recent move as a blessing, also. What a terrific opportunity to go out and form friendships with other non-drinkers, and build habits and find activities that will keep you from drinking.

You're never alone. This forum has kept me sane, especially in the very earliest days (I lurked for a while before both quitting and posting). We understand what you're going through and how hard it is, and we hope that you succeed in building for yourself a life that you want and absolutely deserve. xx
Old 10-23-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks to all that responded over the last few days...the support does help keep perspective. Reminds me I'm not alone in this struggle...its real for us all.

Feeling better after 7 hours of sleep last night. Thank goodness...

Not feeling great, but eating better today and did go to the gym early in the morning.

Another day down.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there

Originally Posted by Sadforldr View Post
Posted in another thread, but figured this might be better...

7 days today and feel like crap...eventually will schedule a doc appointment for myself to just figure out how bad off I am.

Scared, lonely in this fight. Wish I had a friend to just lay here and hold my hand through it, but that's not a possibility.

Trying to stay positive...trying to eat well, not hungry. I'm hydrated.

Scared of damage I've done.
hang in there you will turn a corner soon. Excerise is the last thing that sounds good but so worth it. I found inspiring movies to help as well. Stay strong you can do this.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are really not alone. We are a family here and I'm glad you've joined us. The first week or so is usually tough emotionally and physically. But, it will get better for you. As others have said, exercise will help, and getting outside of your head is the best thing.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fibermaster View Post
hang in there you will turn a corner soon. Excerise is the last thing that sounds good but so worth it. I found inspiring movies to help as well. Stay strong you can do this.

Hoping every day I feel a little more positive, anxiety is worse at night. Worry of all the "what ifs".

Exercise is my reprieve...hoping getting back to my regime will help in some way.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
You are really not alone. We are a family here and I'm glad you've joined us. The first week or so is usually tough emotionally and physically. But, it will get better for you. As others have said, exercise will help, and getting outside of your head is the best thing.
Thank you, Anna...I keep reaching for my phone to read from SR to just find some peace from being mad at myself and relief from the worry.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Try not to worry too much. Stay sober and make an appt with your doctor for a checkup, with blood tests. That might ease your mind. :