Notices

Need support...struggling :(

Old 10-25-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes what it takes to feel better - I felt dreadful for a month or more.

If being 'exposed' is that big of a deal for you AA has online meetings, as do most of the other meeting based methods like SMART Recovery and Lifering.

D
Old 10-25-2019, 11:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It takes what it takes to feel better - I felt dreadful for a month or more.

If being 'exposed' is that big of a deal for you AA has online meetings, as do most of the other meeting based methods like SMART Recovery and Lifering.

D
Thank you, Dee. I know I didn't get here overnight so I'm working on it day by day. Hoping with rest and food I'll improve over the next few days.

My line of work has strict rules on substance abuse and there's a consequence for getting help as strange as that might sound. So, I'll take the great advice I've been given o. SR and look for options.

Thanks again, Dee.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We are here for you! Keep logging and understand that you need rest, compassion for yourself and peace. Do whatever will give you these things. Your body is healing and it is an amazing thing how quickly you will begin to see the positive changes. Yes, there will be hard moments and the thoughts and feelings will feel very real and raw, but practice gratitude for the fact that you are no longer "on your way" to sobriety, you are DOING IT RIGHT NOW.

7 days will turn into 14 will turn into 21 will turn into 28 and so on...faster than you know. But you don't need to worry about that, take this second, this moment and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back because you are already on your way. Your eyes have been opened and you can no longer go back without the knowledge that you no longer need alcohol in your life.

Sobriety is a beautiful gift capable of leaving you in awe. If you are painstaking about this phase in your development, you will be amazed before you are halfway through. You are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. You will comprehend the word serenity and YOU WILL KNOW PEACE.

You will do this.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Great job! I’m right there with you in terms of days. Physically, I still have background headaches, tight muscles, eye twitching, etc. On the flipside, my brain is functioning better. I’ve been much more effective at work, and I feel like my sleep is restorative. The idea of kindling is a new one for me, but I think it’s real. Every time I quit it’s harder and that’s giving me motivation to stay dry. Have a great day, and I hope we keep seeing each other around!
Old 10-26-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NicLin View Post
We are here for you! Keep logging and understand that you need rest, compassion for yourself and peace. Do whatever will give you these things. Your body is healing and it is an amazing thing how quickly you will begin to see the positive changes. Yes, there will be hard moments and the thoughts and feelings will feel very real and raw, but practice gratitude for the fact that you are no longer "on your way" to sobriety, you are DOING IT RIGHT NOW.

7 days will turn into 14 will turn into 21 will turn into 28 and so on...faster than you know. But you don't need to worry about that, take this second, this moment and give yourself a HUGE pat on the back because you are already on your way. Your eyes have been opened and you can no longer go back without the knowledge that you no longer need alcohol in your life.

Sobriety is a beautiful gift capable of leaving you in awe. If you are painstaking about this phase in your development, you will be amazed before you are halfway through. You are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. You will comprehend the word serenity and YOU WILL KNOW PEACE.

You will do this.
Thank you NicLin. Woke up to 11 days today...got a good amount of sleep last night and have a few things planned today to keep myself on just moving forward.

The last time and the first time I went through this, it took me about 7 days, so I will just try to be patient about the fact that it gets harder and harder to recover from the punishment to our bodies.

I'm still not happy with myself for failing...but I've no choice but to keep going. It's truly my only choice now.

Congrats to you on how far you've come yourself, and thank you for the encouragement.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melsbells View Post
Great job! I’m right there with you in terms of days. Physically, I still have background headaches, tight muscles, eye twitching, etc. On the flipside, my brain is functioning better. I’ve been much more effective at work, and I feel like my sleep is restorative. The idea of kindling is a new one for me, but I think it’s real. Every time I quit it’s harder and that’s giving me motivation to stay dry. Have a great day, and I hope we keep seeing each other around!
Melsbells, thanks for your kind words and I'm glad your on this journey too. I think I'll have symptoms longer because of kindling...its very real.

Eat, sleep and reading on SR and posting when I can are what I do for myself for now.

Good luck and I hope you stay on this path with me.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 12 today...anxiety is sky high. Tired, not hungry. Just blah. I cleaned house, did laundry and got a full nights sleep last night. No cravings or temptations, just wiped out.

Trying to forgive myself is hard today.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I am with ya
Glad you're here
Old 10-28-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Choicy View Post
I am with ya
Glad you're here
Thanks Choicy, I'm still here...day 13. Glad you're here too.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 13 - SO much better than Day One.
Proud of you, sadforldr7. We know how hard the early days are.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats sadforldr7

D