Notices

Very unwell today

Old 10-22-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very unwell today

Another bender last night. I am so upset about it and feel very very unwell

I really cannot go on like this anymore alcohol is killing me.

Why did I start drinking at the end of August? At that time I had no defense against the first drink.

my mental health is not good at the moment. I will never drink alcohol again?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA Member

You wrote on 10/11 ... "Can anyone layout a plan for an example please?"

Meetings
Sponsor
Steps
Service
Higher Power

Works for me!

God bless

Old 10-22-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stable, I'm sorry you're struggling. I needed to figure out a plan that would work for me, in order for me to stay sober. Daily exercise (walking a lot) was part of my plan since day 1, as was learning to say 'No' and making time for myself. Find what works for you and embrace it.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You’ll never drink alcohol again huh? You think this because you really don’t want to drink at this moment yes? How has REALLY REALLY WANTING TO QUIT worked for you so far? It didn’t work for me, that’s for sure. I will get cooked for this but I say just keeping on drinking as long as you want to. And when you want to quit then quit. I mean who am I to keep you from enjoying these deep and dark depressing mornings? Maybe some day you’ll truly be done with it. But quitting isn’t just saying words. “I’ll never drink again” and so on. It takes contrary action. Action different than what you’ve done before.

Don’t want to go to an AA meeting, Then go to one.
Don’t want to call a friend or sponsor, Call one.
Don’t want to feel the shame, the pain, the fear, Feel it.
Don’t want to exercise, Do it
Don’t want to pray, Get on your knees.

This stuff isn’t easy. And just wanting it isn’t enough for 99.999% of us. You have to do something about it. Every time I see posts like this, or when I look at my own posts like this I smile inside. It means God is pushing you away from something bad and toward something good. Will you dig your heels in and fight it? Or will you go with it?

Old 10-22-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stable View Post
Another bender last night. I am so upset about it and feel very very unwell

I really cannot go on like this anymore alcohol is killing me.

Why did I start drinking at the end of August? At that time I had no defense against the first drink.

my mental health is not good at the moment. I will never drink alcohol again?
Harm reduction
Old 10-22-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi stable

my plan in the beginning was pretty simple. Do not drink. Do not go out to drink. Do not buy booze. Stay on SR to ride out the cravings.

Consider all your other support options - AA SMART or some other meeting based group, or AVRT; see you doctor or counsellor, consider inpatient or outpatient rehab.

If you try & try ti stop and end up drinking, no recovery option should be off the table.,

I once went out for one nights drinking, confident I could stop again in the morning and lost 2 and a half years of my life.

The stakes are that high.

Don't be like me. Pick a side (recovery and not drinking) and work it as hard as you can....not only when you feel unwell but also when you feel great.

D
Old 10-22-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello sorry that you are going through these issues I think anybody that's on this site have the same feeling or had the same feeling you have right now that being said it does take action talk is cheap . But you asked how do I do this just one day at a time that's all you need is one day don't worry about tomorrow do it for today and the more today's you get under your belt away from the sauce the better you're going to start feeling the more you are going to want sobriety I promise you I was just as sick if not sicker but this is not who can be the sickess this is how can we be the wellness I am going to put an extra prayer for you. Cause I say a prayer for all who are in this. I have to give it away in order to keep it.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Stable - I returned to my old ways a few times before finally admitting it was never going to be enjoyable, & would only bring regret and misery. Not sure why it took so long for me to surrender - I was so reckless in the end, it almost killed me.

Maybe you are ready to stop experimenting. You will never be a social drinker. Let's try this again.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your replies they have got me through today.

I need action now and I will read your advise carefully and act on it.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I would suggest you post here when/if you want to drink. We'll try to talk you out of it.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Stable ((( ))) you don't have to feel that way again. Just don't pick up another drink, it's the first one that does the damage. Some good advice here from people who have been exactly where you are now. You can do this, we are all living proof of that. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, Stable. You never have to feel this way again. Figure out a solid plan and put it into action. I used to think I was a hopeless case, but with 3 years, 10 months of sobriety I am proof that no matter how far down you are, you can succeed. Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.