Notices

Where do I find a Forum Administrator please?

Old 09-12-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Where do I find a Forum Administrator please?

"You are not able to post a new blog entry because your post count is not high enough. You need 5posts before you can post a blog entry. If you think this may be an error, contact the forum administrator."

I came here to vent in my own personal blog that my Alcoholic Family cannot see, so I don't want it on Facebook or Instagram, Twitter or anywhere else, I don't want to keep posting in the forums as people love to tell me how to live my life and they think they can fix my Serious Heart Condition without knowing anything about it or me, so I just need somewhere to vent, This is my 6th Post now and still I cannot start my own blog.
Do I just give up on life now as I just need an outlet to vent without others judging me or telling me what to do.

Last edited by BrokeHeart; 09-12-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Anxiety makes me mix up words
Old 09-12-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vent here (as you're doing).
Old 09-12-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR
Old 09-12-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you could always just open a Word document on your own computer and write it all out and no one else would need to see except you.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by BrokeHeart View Post
"You are not able to post a new blog entry because your post count is not high enough. You need 5posts before you can post a blog entry. If you think this may be an error, contact the forum administrator."

I came here to vent in my own personal blog that my Alcoholic Family cannot see, so I don't want it on Facebook or Instagram, Twitter or anywhere else, I don't want to keep posting in the forums as people love to tell me how to live my life and they think they can fix my Serious Heart Condition without knowing anything about it or me, so I just need somewhere to vent, This is my 6th Post now and still I cannot start my own blog.
Do I just give up on life now as I just need an outlet to vent without others judging me or telling me what to do.

Hi and welcome. You’ve passed the 5 post count so you should be able to start your blog. Or, as abgator suggested, just post & vent here. In either case an admin will see this soon if they haven’t already and I’m sure your concerns will be addressed.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Great honesty (so refreshing) and welcome to SR!
Old 09-12-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome BrokeHeart
Old 09-12-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi BrokenHeart

unfortunately a blog on a busy site like this attracts spammers - people who want to sell, or promote their own stuff.

To discourage that, we set the minimum post count for blog privileges at 15. That seems to be working, so we'll stick with that.

Once you hit 15 posts you'll be good to go

Sorry if this upset you but it wasn't anything personal at all - just trying to keep the site safe for everyone

I've amended the message people get about the post count too.

Dee
Administrator
SR

Ps admins are the guys in bold blue italics

D
Old 09-12-2019, 04:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks, Dee.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I like the word doc

You can have a journal in a word doc, password protect it, and write and vent all you want. With a good password nobody will be able to open it but you. I have a journal that I do this with. Good luck in your recovery.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

For all my years on the computer, I'm still not sure what a blog is. All kinds of people blog or have blogs. I've probably been to a blog without knowing that's what it was. Is that like your own personal forum, where you have ultimate control, or is what we do here called blogging?

But I don't want to be a blogger. I just want to be a forum member, and let someone else take care of the administrative details. Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about? Because I don't really.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A 'blog' is a coined word from "web log". It was just shortened to one word. On a blog, others can comment on what you say, at least, they can here.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

DriGuy,
many people have blogs on SR. you can read them on this site...they seem like diaries or journals to me, though occasionally someone will comment.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi BrokenHeart

unfortunately a blog on a busy site like this attracts spammers - people who want to sell, or promote their own stuff.

To discourage that, we set the minimum post count for blog privileges at 15. That seems to be working, so we'll stick with that.

Once you hit 15 posts you'll be good to go

Sorry if this upset you but it wasn't anything personal at all - just trying to keep the site safe for everyone

Dee
Administrator
SR

Ps admins are the guys in bold blue italics

D
Thanks but why does it say I must post 5 posts then?? This is confusing. I cannot afford word so cannot blog in there as others have advised.
Old 09-13-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jim1958 View Post
You can have a journal in a word doc, password protect it, and write and vent all you want. With a good password nobody will be able to open it but you. I have a journal that I do this with. Good luck in your recovery.
Thank you. But I cannot afford Word. It is so expensive these days. :'(
Old 09-13-2019, 08:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Hi and welcome. You’ve passed the 5 post count so you should be able to start your blog. Or, as abgator suggested, just post & vent here. In either case an admin will see this soon if they haven’t already and I’m sure your concerns will be addressed.
Admin state down below I must make 15 posts now, even though it states 5.... Then have people telling me how to live my life, though they know nothing about it, I'm sick of having to explain myself constantly to people who tell me how to treat my heart condition. There is no medication or cure for me, I have to suffer until one is found.
​​​​​​ I cannot afford word and don't want to be on my computer constantly. I like that we can write on here with out Mobile Phones. :'(
Old 09-13-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abgator View Post
Vent here (as you're doing).
Thanks, but I prefer to have one place instead of many posts in different forums, so I don't have to keep explaining my heart condition when people assume they know how to fix me, though they have no idea and neither do Dr's. :'(
Old 09-13-2019, 09:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I’m sorry for your heart condition. It must be difficult living with it and dealing with people & doctors.

It looks like you’ve passed the 15 post minimum that Dee mentioned. Have you tried posting a blog since? As far as posting in one spot, that’s understandable. This thread could serve as that spot though if you post here as you would a blog. Either way would work .
Old 09-13-2019, 09:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Admin state down below I must make 15 posts now, even though it states 5....
Originally Posted by Me
It said 5.
That was a an old message.

It hasn't been 5 for a while. We didn't just change it in the last few days, we just forgot to update the message.

I updated the message so it now shows 15 posts are needed.

Forum Staff are volunteers here BrokeHeart - cut us a little slack, hey?

There's a free programme called Open Office. Does everything Word does, if you want to go that route.

You can use free software like Wordpress too to make your own blog if you didn't want to use ours .

Google both things.
D
Old 09-13-2019, 09:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrokeHeart View Post
Thank you. But I cannot afford Word. It is so expensive these days. :'(
You could try Open Office it’s free and pretty much the same as Microsoft office

Sorry Dee didn’t spot the last part of your post!