Notices

Will I ever get this right??

Old 09-10-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know it's like beating your head against the wall, Wastinglife. I think we joined SR about the same. Over the years there's been ups and down, but I know there's a way out. For 25 years I drank like a fish and it was very close to ending me. Not sure what the difference has been between us but if a drunk loser like me managed to stop I truly believe you'll be able as well.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I am far too old to have week long benders where I have no idea what I was doing.
If that were true you wouldn't do it then, right? Addiction doesn't care how old you are, nor where you live, or how much money you have, or anything really. All it cares about is making sure that you keep drinking alcohol. You have a say in it though - and you can "get it right" if you make the effort to do so.

Getting sober is no different from any other goal you might have in life. It's definitely a difficult end result to achieve, but it's very possible. Decide what your vision is ( getting sober ) and make a plan to get there. Then follow the plan.