Notices

Told ya

Old 08-31-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Told ya

Good morning again sleepy heads. Told ya id be around here a little more this weekend You all are part of my toolbox. I rode my bike home from work. House is silent. Except for my dog Jax whom woke up soon as I opened the door. Figured id start by making a fresh pot of Java. Cleaned the kitchen a little didnt want to make noise. Took doggy for his walk. Doing so bam my darn cat snuck out . Sooo had to chase her around caught her in the tree. Aaaaugh. The little 💩. So after all that I go to my office....the garage lol. And do my readings. Daily reflection. Daily bread. And a page of my recovery Book. Enter my stuff in my journal. And now I am writing this. So I been sober for 119 days now. Amazing. Trying to think of a menu for the day. Being the weather is fantastic. Thats my vice now lol. Food. Should be a good day today. I thank you for reading my post. Like get a life right? Lol. Sorry but you all are my life so nah nah nah nah.lol gotta go got some eggs and bacon calling me.lol. I'll be back. ✌
Old 08-31-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Good morning again sleepy heads. Told ya id be around here a little more this weekend You all are part of my toolbox. I rode my bike home from work. House is silent. Except for my dog Jax whom woke up soon as I opened the door. Figured id start by making a fresh pot of Java. Cleaned the kitchen a little didnt want to make noise. Took doggy for his walk. Doing so bam my darn cat snuck out . Sooo had to chase her around caught her in the tree. Aaaaugh. The little ��. So after all that I go to my office....the garage lol. And do my readings. Daily reflection. Daily bread. And a page of my recovery Book. Enter my stuff in my journal. And now I am writing this. So I been sober for 119 days now. Amazing. Trying to think of a menu for the day. Being the weather is fantastic. Thats my vice now lol. Food. Should be a good day today. I thank you for reading my post. Like get a life right? Lol. Sorry but you all are my life so nah nah nah nah.lol gotta go got some eggs and bacon calling me.lol. I'll be back. ✌
I'm really happy to see things are going so well for you. I think your positive posts will make a difference for people still struggling with drinking. Very inspiring. I also think it's great and helpful that you update on how things are going for you. Gives people hope. John
Old 08-31-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks John. Shoot I'm doing whatever it takes to make it work for me. Feel me. I'm keeping it real. I mean I started a new life. Like litteraly. Which is cool. Cause I learn on a daily basis. This disease is nothing nice its no joke. It will kill ya. Has no remorse....but we have victory over this . the tools and know-how are there just have to apply them. It works if you work it. Sorry I'm just rambling.lol. got a java buzz go in.lol. ✌
Old 08-31-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Thanks John. Shoot I'm doing whatever it takes to make it work for me. Feel me. I'm keeping it real. I mean I started a new life. Like litteraly. Which is cool. Cause I learn on a daily basis. This disease is nothing nice its no joke. It will kill ya. Has no remorse....but we have victory over this . the tools and know-how are there just have to apply them. It works if you work it. Sorry I'm just rambling.lol. got a java buzz go in.lol. ✌
LOL love my Java too. Can't imagine life without it. John
Old 08-31-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I appreciate your cheerful update posts too SR.

John, I’ve notice you are also offering lots of positive support to many as well.

Thank you both as your good energy really does help me and others.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I really enjoy your daily updates, SoberRican. You have a positive energy surrounding you. To echo the previous post, I’m glad to see John around the boards as well. Carry on, gentlemen!
Old 08-31-2019, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lets not let Alcohal steal our joy folks😃😃✌
Old 08-31-2019, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LOL this was such a great post...sobriety looks good on you.
And cheers my day.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I appreciate your cheerful update posts too SR.

John, I’ve notice you are also offering lots of positive support to many as well.

Thank you both as your good energy really does help me and others.
Really? Didn't think my posts meant anything to anybody. Nice to know I might make a difference to some people. John
Old 08-31-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello you all. Hope your enjoying tour labor day weekend. I am relaxing my upstairs neighbor is having a get together with his friends. The whole shabang music.food. and booze. Hey I'll just be a spectator keep an eye on things if you will. I'm doing my thing. I have had a good day today. I'm having a fresh cup of coffee. Life is good. I knew my man upstairs would look out for me. Gave me calmness.really seeing and feeling things you know. I know I am going to sleep like a baby tonight. Being I have not gone to sleep since I got off work this morning. Which I'm ok with ✌
Old 08-31-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don’t post very often but I do read a lot . You are one of the beacons of positivity here for me. Thank you 🙂 these are the good days!
Old 08-31-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well now I have some colossal shrimp marinading to cook on the Grill.with grilled steak. Yum. ✌
Old 08-31-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Loved your post, SoberRican. You're part of our lives, too.
Thanks for making me smile.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello. Update I made it thru watching my upstairs neighbors party. End result....i am at 120 sober. Yes yay me. My girlfriend joined them which I'm cool with.i was with them too. But cut myself off and watched some tv .....i think or eye lids. That my friends is a big win for me. Let me tell you if rhis was 120 days ago. I would of felt like a kid in a candy store all the different kinds of booze and beer . but I was content with my java and water. I'm so happy I didnt cave in. I wouldn't say it was a close call. But I did use my toolbox and it worked . 😃 thanks for sticking around gang you all really helped me. ✌
Old 09-01-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news! Another hurdle you got over.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

SoberRican - you are a solid rockstar! Love to read your inspiring and encouraging posts! Always telling it like it is! Thanks
Old 09-02-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Many huge wins over the weekend, SR!! Loving it all. 120 and onward....glad you are here.