Notices

Sad,lonely, hurt

Old 08-25-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone. Im using my phone and it appears to be acting up. What a surprise
Old 08-25-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by ShiftHappens View Post
I dont "get high".

Anything I do/did was to calm down.
60 Klonopin? to calm down?

Its very hurtful
What you are doing is going to hurt you.
Old 08-25-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes carl 60 .5mg.

I was in torment. Thats all I can say
Old 08-25-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hi Shift,

I'm sorry that you're feeling alone and needing to escape. It's a weird contradiction, isn't it? I'm sure that you know your recent use of Klonopin is excessive and at these levels may be contributing to the problems you cite above due to the rapid and repeated rebounds.

Who knows? I'm not a doctor, so I can't tell you what to do or not do. (Even if I were, I couldn't, here ) But I do agree with the others that say waiting until the 12th isn't reasonable. Does your doctor specialize in dual diagnosis? If not, can you get to one who does?

So glad you've stopped drinking; that is an amazing feat!

O
Old 08-25-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thank you O
Old 08-25-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Im done explaining to people about my agoraphobia, lack of confidence, etc.

I dont "get high".

Anything I do/did was to calm down.

Its very hurtful
Many people don't understand, that's true. Agoraphobia, like alcoholism (like any mental issue) is really hard for others to understand.

I'm not an alcoholic by the way so what I do understand of it is on an intellectual level, which, of course, is not the same as actually being an alcoholic and knowing that from the inside (I prefer to just understand on an intellectual level lol).

Agoraphobia can be hard to break through, or at least it feels like it when you are there. That said, it's absolutely not impossible and with the right help it doesn't need to be that hard either. There is help available.

Sounds like you are on the right track through, first with stopping drinking, can't really see what's up until that happens and self-medicating isn't helpful (yes, I realize you already know that).

Once your mind is clearer you can take a leap at hitting agoraphobia on the head. Medications that don't work as well with alcohol involved might start working for you, therapy is important. Lots of hope for agoraphobics with CBD and exposure therapy.

Exposure therapy is something you can try on your own perhaps, in baby steps, do you do that at all? Make yourself go outside for a few minutes a day etc? Walk to the end of the street? Push your boundaries?

It takes time, it's tough to be patient but look ahead at what it will be like when you break free. You won't always feel like this.