Notices

Havnt posted in a few...slip ups..

Old 08-20-2019, 08:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Havnt posted in a few...slip ups..

I made my one week then got drunk and high :/ i had been going to meetings and all and was feeling stronger a little more hope that maybe it was possible then boom friday hit and old habits hit so i said **** it....i was actually having a great day with a friend and really starting to feel happy. I had remorse before i even did it i was thinking omg this is so stupid why am i compelled todo this??? I was just at home it wasnt anything crazy but then 2 days later (yesterday) i did it again as i still had some left and of course reasoned with myself that the other day i was lowkey with it and it diddnt Hurt anything... Smh... I dont know how i forget the pain so quickly and the initial reason for wanting to quit.

Not looking for a pity party just checking in. Im the one who made the desicion. Even with this slipup the past 10 days for me though have still been more funcional, ive been more clear headed, better mom, etc it hasnt been perfect but normally i would be ****** up everyday so i just trying to look in the positive. Got rid of all my stuff, have a meeting tomorrow and im just going to keep going. Exercized today and hydrated a lot to start getting stuff out of my sytem.

This is harder than i thought and i really need to not turn every thought into an act because when i get a thought like to use for instance its like i have to do it. Im used to going on a missión as soon as i get a nagging thought. I have to find a way to not let thoughts control me.

Just wanted to check in hope everyone is well
​​​​​​
Old 08-20-2019, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi rsanchez
many of us faltered a time or two - it's hard to choose to post here, or go to a meeting, or whatever, instead of drinking with your mates....but it's important we try to do that - its important for example we read back and remind ourselves of why we want change and to accept that change will only come with new, better choices.

My head was still trying to convince me that I could drink and stop again...'one glass, two glasses, ok maybe one night maybe two...ok! no more than a week'.

the decision to drink again never leads us anywhere good.

The first time we reject the idea of drinking will be hard and we may not feel great about ti at the time...but you'll thank yourself in the morning...and it will get easier

D
Old 08-20-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As our beloved CarolD used to say; in order to stay sober, you must want to be sober more than you want to drink.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2019 has been a journey for me trying to finally get sober. I won’t go into the reasons. But before my current, most solid stretch of sobriety, I would have 7 days and drink for three, then 10 days and drink for 5, then 5 days etc. I kept getting down on myself but then I realized that I had actually probably been sober more days in 2019 than drunk, which is a miracle. For some of us it doesn’t just all happen at once. Some of us do exactly what you’re doing. Don’t stress it, but get back on the path ASAP. Good job checking in. And get rid of what you have in the house man, you need to be honest with yourself or you’re just wasting time.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Moving forward. Dust your knees off . and Keep plugging away. One day at a time. You can do this
Old 08-20-2019, 11:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
Exercized today and hydrated a lot to start getting stuff out of my sytem.​​​​​​
This sounds absolutely brilliant, and is exactly what I am finding helps me too. I am nearly at the end of my second AF week.

I completely get the, 'oh **** it!', as that is what I used to say to myself most evenings, when I had planned to stop that day.

I am now planning my days, so that that doesn't happen. Hydration is key (and not having alcohol in the house), as is having food ready when I get in in the evening to eat, instead of drinking. Having a shower and getting into my nightclothes ASAP. Even going to bed super early to watch TV with the cat. Thankfully, the rebound insomnia I was dreading, has turned out to be restful sleeping.

You are absolutely doing the right thing with the exercise and hydration. It is really helping me. Please keep going.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

being careful to not offer any unwanted/ unsolicited advice .....

because i really hate that!

welcome back!

Old 08-21-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Same!!

Originally Posted by Badga View Post
This sounds absolutely brilliant, and is exactly what I am finding helps me too. I am nearly at the end of my second AF week.

I completely get the, 'oh **** it!', as that is what I used to say to myself most evenings, when I had planned to stop that day.

I am now planning my days, so that that doesn't happen. Hydration is key (and not having alcohol in the house), as is having food ready when I get in in the evening to eat, instead of drinking. Having a shower and getting into my nightclothes ASAP. Even going to bed super early to watch TV with the cat. Thankfully, the rebound insomnia I was dreading, has turned out to be restful sleeping.

You are absolutely doing the right thing with the exercise and hydration. It is really helping me. Please keep going.

I have been doing a whole relaxing night time routine and in pj's early watching a show or something.... Then im like i pretty much made it already why even start now??
Old 08-21-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good way to think of it

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
2019 has been a journey for me trying to finally get sober. I won’t go into the reasons. But before my current, most solid stretch of sobriety, I would have 7 days and drink for three, then 10 days and drink for 5, then 5 days etc. I kept getting down on myself but then I realized that I had actually probably been sober more days in 2019 than drunk, which is a miracle. For some of us it doesn’t just all happen at once. Some of us do exactly what you’re doing. Don’t stress it, but get back on the path ASAP. Good job checking in. And get rid of what you have in the house man, you need to be honest with yourself or you’re just wasting time.
I dont want any slip ups at all but even if i did and its in the minority not the majority it would still be a big step from drinking everyday like i have for the past 2 years. And really only crave drugs if i drink its a combination problem really😩

Almost on day 2...no cravings so far
Old 08-21-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
This is harder than i thought and i really need to not turn every thought into an act because when i get a thought like to use for instance its like i have to do it. Im used to going on a missión as soon as i get a nagging thought. I have to find a way to not let thoughts control me.
​​​​​​
It was hard for me too to not react to every thought in my head or every emotion that I felt. But, when you learn that you can recognize the thoughts and feelings, but then let them go, you are empowered.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you wanted to talk about what happened. It sounds like you learned something valuable. It happened to me a few times - and that was it. I was finally convinced there was never going to be anything but misery if I started up again. Every recovery was harder than the last - I can't do it to myself any more. You can stay free of it, RS! We know you can.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Maybe you needed those slip ups to get to where you are now...you can be sober...from now on...you never have to feel those awful feelings again...Glad your here.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I did learn something

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I'm glad you wanted to talk about what happened. It sounds like you learned something valuable. It happened to me a few times - and that was it. I was finally convinced there was never going to be anything but misery if I started up again. Every recovery was harder than the last - I can't do it to myself any more. You can stay free of it, RS! We know you can.
It just solidified my why. I knew it was going to be empty fun with the result being feeling crappy.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

All good here thanks, Rsanchez920.

Welcome back.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Empty fun - that definitely nails it.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Aw man coming from a chronic relapser of 10 years.... some of us take more time than others. It starts with exactly what ur doing - getting honest!