Notices

The Law of Attraction

Old 08-19-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Law of Attraction

I practiced the law of attraction today to find my teeth...and it ACTUALLY WORKED.

First I had to think in my head...what the desired result was (find teeth)….then I had to bring it down to my third eye...and actually envision myself holding my teeth....then bring it down to the heart...how I would FEEL when I found my teeth.....and try to actually put myself into that moment that I would find my teeth....Then bring it all the way down into the stomach and the "root"....and go thru all the above....one more time until I was really sure that I felt like I would find my teeth and I knew how I would feel when I found them....when I was done thinking about finding them and how it would feel...I let the angst go of finding them ...gave it to the universe...

I'm not kidding about 15 minutes later when I was vacuuming my rug in my bedroom, I moved the rug and my TEETH were at the foot of my bed...under my bed......

So I was thinking if someone is struggling with drinking they could put in to practice the law of attraction.

First the thought...I want to be sober....Then the "third eye" you envision yourself as you want to be...."Sober"..You actually have to want to be sober very deeply and also fantanize about what you want your sober environment to look like..... until you can really feel yourself there....also try to remember the smells, touches and feels of this environment.

For example...your sitting there with a hot cup of tea on a cozy sofa or outside on a patio...or whatever YOUR SOBER vision is....

Then you ask for your heart to desire that scenery and when completed the thinking process thru send your thoughts out to the universe....then LET IT GO....

Realize your manifestation that you created about being sober....may not happen today or tomorrow..but it is one step closer to you because you have given it to the universe...and that is how the Law of Attraction works!
Old 08-19-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Missy2 said "I'm not kidding about 15 minutes later when I was vacuuming my rug in my bedroom, I moved the rug and my death were at the foot of my bed...under my bed......"

I'm hoping you meant your TEETH were at the foot of your bed.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zevin View Post
Missy2 said "I'm not kidding about 15 minutes later when I was vacuuming my rug in my bedroom, I moved the rug and my death were at the foot of my bed...under my bed......"

I'm hoping you meant your TEETH were at the foot of your bed.
LOL...I will change that.
TY
Old 08-20-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great analogy. I will try it on finding a lost pair of glasses. I enjoy reading your posts..
Old 08-20-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good thoughts Misssy. My experience with LoA though, is that clear-mindedness is essential to make it work well. I was actually getting fairly proficient at manifesting things into my life about 8 years ago. I mean it was uncanny...very specific sums of money, events, certain material things.

In fact, the couch I'm sitting on right now was manifested at a time when I had very little money but needed a couch badly to fill an empty room. I insisted that I didn't want a used couch, it had to be new. I envisioned the color, the fabric, the style. A few days later I ended up talking to a guy who had a brand new couch that was everything I wanted that was donated by a local furniture store for some sort of raffle. I don't know what happened to the raffle but the guy ended up with the couch taking up space in his garage and sold it to me for $100 just to get it out of his way ($450 retail) I know people might say, 'Anyone can buy a couch', but I really felt like a made this happen because it was exactly what I wanted for the money I had.

Then life happened, some tragedies, some deaths in the family, a lot of distractions...in the meantime my drinking was progressing to the point where my mind wasn't where it needed to be. Try as I might, I couldn't make it work.

Now that I have that behind me, I am making life changes to try to get back there again.

I do believe you are correct and with proper execution, it could be used for sobriety, but it would take a lot of concentration and someone would have to get past the brain fog to actually envision their sober life.

SC
Old 08-20-2019, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Too bad Bill Wilson didn't know about this...he could have cut out a couple of steps!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I ask Saint Antony to help me find things I've lost, he is the patron saint of lost things - it really works! I think visualising how you want to be really does work however. I saw in another post of yours that you had found your teeth and I thought it was some kind of analogy for being sober, I didn't realise you meant actual teeth 😂
Old 08-21-2019, 02:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ColoradoRocky View Post
Too bad Bill Wilson didn't know about this...he could have cut out a couple of steps!
Ya know, its not actually so different than what 12 steppers believe. If you take it back to Abraham HIcks teachings.. law of attraction works by aligning your "inner being" with infinite intelligence or "source energy", which are one and the same.

Generally that was the kind of spirituality I was sure existed as a drinker, still finding my way back to it sober. Can't say it's what got me sober but there was an element of fake it til you make it in the beginning.