Notices

Can someone tell me

Old 08-19-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strugglingto View Post
I need to. Honestly I have not worked out where is the best place to go in terms of the forums. A lot of people post generally and you listen to them maybe respond and then they just disappear. I will check August. I know how heavy it can be but hearing people talk about their stories helps me even if they are going through hell. I don't feel so alone. Because away from a place like here people hate us. I say that loosely but in the last meeting I went to there was a woman, a teacher, and she said her husband called her mother to say "get this drunk b*tch out of my house". I need to hear the tragedy and understand how to come back. That is why I wanted a photo. To show I am a human. I stopped drinking a day ago. But I am still all over the place and I want to illustrate that I was better than this once. It is my reason. Other people have their views and that is fine.
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-1-2019-a.html

There are other ongoing threads, too. Take a look around the Newcomers, Newcomers Daily Support Threads, and Alcoholism subforums.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of people don't disappear too strugglingto

D
Old 08-20-2019, 03:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
A lot of people don't disappear too strugglingto

D
Especially not you Dedicated Dee!!! xx
Old 08-20-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

There are a ton of other subforums you can explore. Recovery Stories, 12-Step, Alcoholism, Secular Recovery and more. I don't find it to be slow at all, but perhaps that's because I post several times/day and keep up with several other people's threads.

But there needs to be more than that - some kind of plan for each day. It can be a small list to begin with, and it can grow from there. Of course it should contain some sort of recovery activity every day.

That's what works for me, anyhow. Plus this time I lowered the priority of work to focus on fixing myself. Hard to do because I get the bulk of my self-worth from that job. But man, I need a satisfying life, you know?

O