Notices

Injuries while blacked out

Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

To deal with the shame and the guilt, I got and STAY sober!
One day at a time.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, I'm trying to work on not feeling the shame and guilt but rather be grateful that I am here, it's crazy what alcohol can do to us & take from us, it's unreal.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

The shame and guilt will fade away as sober time goes on. I felt crushed by shame early on. It was awful. But as time went on and I made amends, it just got better and better. As long as you stay sober, do the next right thing every day, and make amends when necessary, time takes care of the rest. I still every once in a while get a flash of shame for something I had almost forgotten about, or someone reminds me about something I did or said, but I can take a deep breath, remind myself it's in the past and I don't act that way anymore, and let it go pretty quickly.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I nicknamed them "U.D.I's"

Unidentified Drinking Injuries

Early years I didn't give a crap. It was even kinda cool to turn up to work with a black eye or something like that. But it wasn't funny anymore when I got into my 30's and people aren't prepared to write it off to being young and stupid anymore. I never did figure out how to deal with the shame. Not really, I'd drink to cope with it and it becomes a vicious cycle.

You know what to do deep down.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Too many to list but one of the most memorable was getting hit by a taxi cab, flew across his windshield and he drove away and my friend chased the cab. Knocked the wind out of me and took me about a minute to get up. Was so drunk I said ok lets go to the next bar. Went to hospital in the morning when I could barely breath but x-rays came back negative just badly bruised. Pretty sick mentality get hit by a car brush it off and just go to another bar!