Notices

New.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New.

I was reading stories on here and just decided to join! So hello! I WAS sober for three years. The last two years on and off, I have only been been sober, 4 months, 40 days, 30 days, two weeks, a week. You get it. I don’t know what to do anymore. I was 30 days sober and binged this last week. I went out swimming in a river with an old drinking friend, I even think he took advantage of me while I was drunk bringing me back to his place. My BF even saw us together. Trying to get said friend out of my drivers seat but no I wanted to stay, and drink, and told said friend to drive away. Then I went to a friends and don’t remember anything. Said I was rolling around on the ground outside all night. Did not sleep at all. I missed work. Still drank after talking to boss, promising her I would not, said I would be there Sunday. I was there Sunday after blacking out Saturday night. My BF came over and stayed with me all night, said I was making horrible noises all night long, said he was scared I would die. Went to work Sunday, my boss took my vitals as I was shaking. Had the shakes Sunday am, horrible headache, a hangover like I have never had in my life. Monday was ok, Today, Horrible horrible , vivid nightmares, but ok. I don’t want to drink. I have three beautiful young children that need me, no they were not with me for the week and do not even know their mother is sick. Please, tell me as I lay here and cry that I am not the only one going through this. I know I have a problem and I know I need help. This is my breaking point. I have never been arrested. I do not know what I am waiting for to happen. Enough is enough. I love my children so much. I love my boyfriend too but how much can he take. I’ve cheated on him, lied to him in a drunk state.YET HE STILL wants to support me and love me. I clearly do not even deserve him! We have only been together a year and I would not put up with a man, doing this stuff to me. The sad thing is I’ve been on the other side, being with an alcoholic while pregnant, so I know how he feels yet, I keep drinking, thinking I can have one drink, but I can never just have one. I need the whole damn bottle and more. It’s very sad. Him and I met over a year ago when I was sober for the 4 months. But did not start dating for months after. I am so sad and heartbroken. I am ruining my life and what could be this beautiful relationship/ family that I have always wanted. I never really believed in a “God” but I know there is a devil, and alcohol is my devil. I wish I never tasted it.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You'll find lots of support here and I hope you'll use it to get and stay sober for good.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know the withdrawals. Horrible. I went to my GP and got medication. It helped an enormous amount and I am in month 5 sober now. Get help if you can. You have done it before. Well done for that.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You undoubtedly sound like you're one of us.

I suggest that you pick a plan of recovery and that you work it every day, all day long, like your life depends on your doing so.

It has certainly worked for me.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very glad you found us Gurra!
Its never too late to start a chapter 2

D
Old 07-23-2019, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome . you at the right place. Keep coming back
Old 07-24-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you guys. I’m on day four and feel no urge to drink and thankfully my anxiety has subsided🙂
Old 07-24-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome Gurra. Getting sober is not easy but it is do-able and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome Gurra. Getting sober is not easy but it is do-able and you will feel a whole lot better about yourself. Good luck.
Thank you! It sure isn’t! I moved back near my home town , which is the reason I believe I started up again, with old “friends”. We would drink almost every Friday night. But come to find out they are not even my real friends, just drinking buddies. I don’t want to live like that anymore. I have never been so covered in bruises. Some people can drink, I will never be one of them! I don’t ever want to look back🙏😣😣😣
Old 07-24-2019, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome, Gurra; so glad you found us. You will find very supportive members here.

Sobriety and recovery have provided me with an exponentially better way to live. I believe that you will find that to be the case for you, too.

If you haven’t already joined an SR Class, you may find that doing so is very helpful.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

Stay close; lean on us. We care.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the kind words! I will join one of those classes.