Notices

Can it get worse?

Old 07-30-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hello, Better Man. You are on day 4, and that is a miraculous thing in itself. Keep the miracle going. I am glad the guns were removed from your home. On the day I tried to commit suicide, I didn't start off feeling that I wanted my life to end, but I began drinking that day after 9 months of sobriety and wrecked my car at the end of it, wanting to die. Alcohol has taken me to the brink of death, and I am so grateful that I got another chance. Now I have 3 years, 8 months of wonderful sobriety. You can do this, Better Man. Keep putting one foot in front of the other on the path of sobriety. I am so rooting for you.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 9

Spending most of my time obsessing over my ex. I’m a bad codependent and what she’s doing now is driving me nuts. I know she’s slept with 3 people in the last month. She was always a s****. Even when I met her she had a bf and was sleeping with a married man. That I chose to get involved with her tells you a little about my addiction and my codependency.

I’m happy that I am not drinking and not dating. While I am suffering immensely, at least I’m not stunting my growth and I try to tell myself that in 3 months or a year, I’ll be in a new place and a new man and she’ll still be where she is. This recovery requires so much patience and faith.

I think I’m on day 9 and I’m going to a meeting tonight.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
~sb

Congrats!!! Keep moving forward!!!
Old 08-04-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I quit at 40 am now 41 and 4 1/2 months sober. I hate what alcohol did to me it ruined what should of been the beast years of my life my 20’s and 30’s.

i have drawn a line under it I can’t change to past I can only change the future.

Good luck friend keep coming back!
Old 08-04-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a relationship that's best left in the past,for all concerned, betterman. Congrats on day 9.

D
Old 08-04-2019, 09:55 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of the support. I love it here. I love it in meetings. Other than that I’m lonely and miserable, but I have faith that brighter days will come.

My sponsor gave me a book called the velveteen rabbit. Long story short, a toy rabbit wants to become real, but the only way he could become real was to become worn down through use. I want to become real, and it will take some wear and tear and that’s ok. God bless all of you in your efforts to stay sober and to grow as people.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I quit a few weeks after turning 45. I had spent a few years prior to that alternating between periods of sobriety, and attempts at moderation. I am now three years and seven months sober, and life is so much better. You can do this.