Notices

Happily Sober

Old 07-06-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happily Sober

I took my friend to the emergency room with alcoholic pancreatitis. He could not stop throwing up because that's what happens when your pancreas can't release digestive juices into your digestive tract. Whatever you eat builds up, causes excruciating pain, and your body rejects it.

The pancreas actually releases chemicals that cause it to start digesting itself. It gets inflamed and cells die repeatedly - to the extent that it causes pancreatic cancer which is lethal. Cancer has the chance to occur anytime your body replenishes dead cells. Pancreatitis causes cell death at such a rate that it greatly increases the likelihood of sufferers to get pancreatic cancer.

F*** alcohol. For people that are dependent on it, I feel for you. Your brain thinks it needs it to survive - and in a way, it does because withdrawal is hell.

I'm happily sober. Please do what it takes to join me.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear this from you! Keep going.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, August. I'm sorry for being combative in the past. I have my issues...
Old 07-06-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is such a rude awakening to me, that I've decided to go to AA meetings every day because I know I've been dying to "slip." There's no way in hell I'll survive a slip and I'll just hurt my dad if I do. So here's me calling myself out, I suppose...
Old 07-06-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Withdrawal sucks but unlike pancreatic cancer it is something one can get rid of. Good going and thanks for this reality check post.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am also happily sober. Glad you are happily sober too.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im also happy to be sober. And to join the Winners.

I finally have a chance now to accomplish my highest life mission without that ball and chain of alcohol weighing me down.

My only regret is not escaping the prison of addiction sooner. As long as I dont fall for the mental trap of "envying" the social drinkers that can moderate their intake of poison "responsibly" then i dont have to feel like I am missing out.

The drunks are the ones "missing out". I pity those fools as they squander their money on expensive alcoholic drinks and then wake up with throbbing headaches in the morning.

What freedom to be released from this prison of addiction....for me the alcoholism stopped "being fun" about 10 years ago.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad I bailed out when I did 63 days ago. Nervous bout perhaps doing some damage. Thru the grace of my higher power I checked out all ok. Considering how much boozing I did. Anyways I just play that tape feel me. Iwndwyt
Old 07-06-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I wind wit.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good thing you were there to take your friend to the hospital TWTOM, and good to hear you are doing well.

Old 07-06-2019, 04:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your friend.

D