Notices

21 days down and lovin it.

Old 07-02-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
...just seems to good to be true so I'm keeping my guard up...
It is good, and it can be true. At the end of two weeks, I knew I was never going to drink again. OK, no one actually knows the future, but I felt it and believed it. And now 25 years later, it doesn't appear that my inner "knowing" jinxed anything. You're off to a good start. Use that to build confidence.

And do keep your guard up. Constant vigilance is important. Keep looking ahead, and have a plan for what you are going to do when you see a bump in the road. Slow down and don't drink. If the bump appears out of the blue, be ready to not drink. This should not be hard to do. I never felt like it required that much effort to be watchful while keeping in mind the consequences of drinking.

A common definition of "alcoholic" is, "a person who loses control when he drinks." A corollary to this is, "If you don't drink, you are in control."

So don't give up that control.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

21 days is awesome believe me I mark my calendar as well today is 59 days for me loving it just like one of the fellow said the story of the people that got boozed over the weekend feeling like crap boy I sure don't miss that