Notices

Solitaire

Old 06-09-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Spider Solitaire is a choice on my solitaire app on the computer...and No I have never tried it....I get afraid that I will "fail" at something new..

Maybe I will try it soon but it would have to be during the day.

I think I am OCD or something....I don't like changing my routines...lol..but if I try it during the day and like it...than I will play it at night possibly.

I will try it Monday while I'm sitting at my Dads and he is eating his breakfast...
Spider Solitaire is easier to win than traditional solitaire, at least at the site I gave you. You will win more than 50% of the time, probably more like 70%. Sometimes I wonder if it's not challenging enough, but I don't care. I'm addicted to it.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
compeucher? What the heck is that?

I will look it up ..I'm sure it can't be explained easy..doesn't sound easy...lol.
It's euchre on the computer.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My go to is binge watching Netflix.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Your mention of blankets reminded of a lady at our church who crochets blankets for hospice patients, needy families, etc. You mentioned you have a lot of time to fill watching your dad. Just struck me that putting the two together might make the time more "useful". (Yeah, I know, all time is good and is a gift...) but sometimes knowing someone else is going to get some first-hand use out of what I'm doing helps motivate me to do something or stick with it. Just a thought...
Thanks Brian and good thoughts but I am not that good at it.....but possibly if I practice some more...it could happen
Old 06-09-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
My go to is binge watching Netflix.
I think I am the only one that still pays for cable? I don't have Netflix and I do love to watch my "stupid" movies as my son calls them on Lifetime.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Since I can't sleep, I decided to take some of your ideas. I played solitaire. Who can possibly turn solitaire into a stressful game....me! I used an ap to play, and it had a timer. So, instead of a relaxing game of solitaire, I managed to put pressure on myself to go faster. Lol.

I think next time I play I'll turn the timer off!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I learned how to crochet last year during a 10 month sober period and knit as well....I have made some blankets...good idea...I should start another "sober" blanket.
My friend's daughter is a social worker and she told us of a need at the state hospital for baby blankets - so that's what I do - they're nice and small and fast- I've done lots, and it feels great to know that it helps someone. Also knit scarves and beanies for the car guards in our area. They love it !!
Old 06-10-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
Since I can't sleep, I decided to take some of your ideas. I played solitaire. Who can possibly turn solitaire into a stressful game....me! I used an ap to play, and it had a timer. So, instead of a relaxing game of solitaire, I managed to put pressure on myself to go faster. Lol.

I think next time I play I'll turn the timer off!
nadt...LOL...I don't think you should play Solitaire...LOL
Old 06-10-2019, 07:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
My friend's daughter is a social worker and she told us of a need at the state hospital for baby blankets - so that's what I do - they're nice and small and fast- I've done lots, and it feels great to know that it helps someone. Also knit scarves and beanies for the car guards in our area. They love it !!
That is so nice of you....I crocheted some hats last winter for a homeless guy and I made a silly one for my niece and she loves it.