Notices

Thank you all for being here!

Old 06-07-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Love this! I sometimes get too far into my own head and, even when I'm doing well, start thinking, "Is this real or am I just acting." Then a little challenge comes and it goes into, "Yeah, I must have been faking it. These other folks have it together, but I must not be getting it." But I see more clearly this time what a lie that is. Just responding to the inner impulse to be kind, considerate, compassionate, outgoing...took a lot of years of spiritual reading, direction, and with booze till someone explained, "Um, yeah, that's the Spirit...keep responding to Him when things are good...AND talk to Him when the tough stuff comes, too!" I feel like this time around (Day 3) I'm more committed, and to a much simpler program.
"AND talk to Him when the tough stuff comes, too!"

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My daily life non drinker lifestyle is founded on faith...God. I don't go to church much because I have lost total faith in organized religion. There are just too many variations and too many people getting rich off of it (e.g. Tammy Baker, Joel Osteen etc). But, I pray constantly.

Faith is my foundation and then I have built the rest of my non drinker lifestyle around the science of my mental and physical situation.

I have irreversible brain damage from drinking. My brain has had to rewire around dead connections. If I drink again, I will further deaden connections that will cause more damage and more rewiring. Eventually, I will not have enough brain left to function normally (e.g. feel super crazy, twitch, not walk normally, not talk normally, not be able to do basic math etc etc) and will require further help (e.g. anti depression/phyco meds, counseling, therapy, wheel chair, cane etc).

I prefer/pray/beg God on my hands and knees etc.... to not have to go there.....so I will never drink again...So help me God!

That is my basic foundation and way forward.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CRRHCC View Post
"AND talk to Him when the tough stuff comes, too!"

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.
Well-timed with Pentecost Sunday tomorrow, too!