Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-05-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Thanks Citrus. I know what you mean about well intentions first thing and then midday/afternoon it just hits you. I've started walking as someone recommended on here. I find after a walk I don't want to drink.

You're doing great mariposa - keep at it

Welcome back Red. It is so difficult in the heat of the moment isn't it.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
I am doing brisk walking started around half hour now doing like 3 hours since I have a good amount of time on my hands. Also gives me time to think and work through my issues mentally. I want to start weight training soon and will replace walking with elliptical for cardio as well most likely. Just by not drinking should drop a ton. Also have been eating very healthy delicious food. Used to eat so much garbage that would make me feel awful. And by healthy I mean Steaks chicken salmon with vegetables and fruits. So easy to eat healthy and taste so much better and saving a ton by eating in.
Thanks New, yes that sounds just like my diet-steak, chicken, salmon with veg every night. Mr RAL is a lobster fisherman so we have lobster and crab at this time of year which is so good . Iove greek yoghurt with berries too for snacks and loads of eggs!

wow-3 hours is impressive!1/2 hour nearly killed me last night but I suppose I will improve It's so good for mental health too, as you say, so hopefully I'll feel better mentally and sleep better too
Thanks for your help and have a great day
Old 06-06-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I started slow and worked my way up same way with diet. First week i ate tons of garbage but quit the booze. 2nd week gave up mayonnaise chips and junk foods. 3rd week started eating fruits veggies and such also gave up processed foods like sausage and bacon so it has been baby steps and feel great! Lobster and crab yum! I am jealous!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Thanks New, yes that sounds just like my diet-steak, chicken, salmon with veg every night. Mr RAL is a lobster fisherman so we have lobster and crab at this time of year which is so good . Iove greek yoghurt with berries too for snacks and loads of eggs!
That sounds sooo delicious, I would love to have lobster, very expensive here in NZ.
Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post
I think that sounds like a good way to start and I'm thinking of doing the same in addition to posting here each day. I'm with you on the weight gain--drinking has caused me to pack on the pounds like crazy. I feel like I'm wearing a fat suit.
Linners-that's excatly how I feel poor food choices when drinking too
Old 06-06-2019, 05:37 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Day 27 The feeling like i am jumping out of my skin and restlessness is worst it has been. Feel kind of out it but still sober so that is good. I see all of this as kind of a game as I have always been a competitive person and very much into games so maybe a way for my brain to adapt. No matter what happens I will not break bring it on!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
DJ1

Good morning all Day 7 cant believe im still only sleeping an hour or 2 a night
today i ran first thing now off to work today is a good day planning ahead each day is really helping how I attack each day! this time it feels different ! changing my routine each day is a big help

have a great day all
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
DJ1

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
sry to hear that new x

past few hrs i have been struggling even put myself back to bed but got up as hub said we needed coffee so went with him to get myself out of stupid cycle i go in when im not drinking. So i will be having some dinner shortly instead of sulking in bed. Got work tomo so up early and see if my sludge of a mood improves then.

have a good evening all x
Erratic how you doing ?
Old 06-06-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

thanks for asking Dj1, still sober but on my few days so trying not to think and cave in. mood was bit better while at work, but now its my problem hrs ahead.

good job on your 7 days hun and yup do what u have to do to keep at it x

i had work this morn and finished at 1-30 then went straight out with my dog and now back. so not sure what to do yet for the evening. i guess i am lucky i can sleep anytime thats one of my probs in hiding from this.

good to see u all posting.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Ha I just ran into someone I know from bar on street. To be fair have not had my cell for a month cause did not really want to talk to anyone from that scene. He said everyone assumes I am dead. Am i really that bad that the first assumption of everyone that I have died. Not even jail just dead!
Old 06-06-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Day 2 here. Feeling a little rough this morning but I had a good sleep last night and glad to have woken up knowing I didn't drink.

Newbeginning--I know that feeling of restlessness. I use natural supplements to help with that like magnesium for example.

RAL--yes the poor food choices when drinking are also a huge part of it. All the empty calories from alcohol plus the lowered inhibitions to eat other junk have been terrible for me. I had purchased a juicer this winter and was using it pretty regularly for a while there. Now that summer's here with all the farmer's markets and fresh produce around Im looking forward to bringing it out again!
Old 06-06-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Linners820 View Post

Newbeginning--I know that feeling of restlessness. I use natural supplements to help with that like magnesium for example.
Thanks if this continues will definitely give magnesium a try. Have a great sober day!
Old 06-06-2019, 02:52 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi all, nice to catch up and read all your posts. Day 6 down for me.
Went to an exercise class and on the drive home deliberately took a really long roundabout route to get out of habit of gym --> car --> store --> wine --> drinking alone on the sofa. Whatever works right?
Sleep still bad for me, woke up this morning with that panic that I'd been drinking nigh before. I'll take it as a good sign - that sobriety means so much to me,

ReadyAtLast I had crab today too: white crab meat in avocado with a little chilli and balsamic. Sooo good, but an expensive treat for me. (*which I've just realised was a really dumb thing to type / have in my mindset as a big portion about the same $$$ as a bottle of white). Enjoy your fresh lobster and crab!
Old 06-06-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

The best thing about not drinking for me at this stage is waking up sober, although I find that the morning of day 2 I am so dead in my bed I just can't drag myself up, I sleep well which I know a lot of people don't but I feel like lead for the 1st week.
Now that I'm at work though i feel very happy which is great.
Old 06-06-2019, 06:03 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Just checking in on the eve of day 2. Had a decent day, took my dog on an hour long walk earlier. One of the positives about not drinking is being able to take her out--I'm often feeling too lethargic after drinking to even consider it. Felt good to watch her splash around in the bay for a bit enjoying herself and knowing I got some good exercise in was nice.

No real urges to drink yet. Hope you're all doing well!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hello class! Day 7 coming to an end here, and I’m quite proud of myself if I may say so! I’m home alone, and that used to be my favorite occasion to get drunk (I.e. I don’t have to pretend in front of anyone that I drink like normal people), but my plan held strong, and I’m now in bed looking forward to another morning where I don’t hate myself. It’s just the best feeling in the world.

Goodnight to everyone in this part of the world, good morning to everyone on the other side!
Old 06-06-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me and joining the class!
Old 06-06-2019, 07:22 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jess
congrats on the week FT

D
Old 06-07-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Mid-morning check-in, day 7

Need to be very careful over the weekend and plan some "what to do when..." strategies!
Cancelled a few late meetings today and arranged to go for a run with a friend, should keep me focussed on myself for a bit. Early sobriety is a very selfish time. Has to be I suppose. A bit like grief.

And with that thought for the day - hope you all have a good one :-)
Old 06-07-2019, 03:23 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Caitano
yeah - do some planning...be prepared

D