Notices

Class of June Part 1 2019

Old 06-05-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Thanks Citrus. I know I'm going to feel so good and proud of myself just for reaching day 5. I haven't gotten that far in a long time.

I have a list of all the reasons why alcohol can't be a part of my life. But then the urges hit and all common sense goes out the window. I start thinking "I can have just a few" or "I deserve it" or other variations of the same lie and give in. Wake up the next day feeling physically terrible, shocked and upset about the amount I drank, and embarrassed for having this issue to begin with. It's true, you never wake up the next day feeling that drinking was a good idea.

It's still early in the month and I know I have the chance to make this June a good one.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi class
Seems like a lot of you guys have the same sobriety date as me. I managed 27 days in May then had a minor slip.

Anyway day 7 for me. My sleep is all over the place too. Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 06-05-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
DJ1

Morning day 6 still not sleeping
Huge development yesterday I finally broke down in tears & admitted to my hubby I have a very unhealthy relationship / with booze I’m an alcoholic he has been telling me for years I’m an drunk I was surprised his very supportive. Of my journey he said this feels different !
Went to meet our friends in town yesterday that I used to drink with I got pressured about drinking I stood firm but my hubby who rarely drinks said I’ll have a beer so they would stop asking me 😀 later we joked he took one for the team

Now if I could only start to sleep at night

Have a great day all
Old 06-05-2019, 07:51 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Just withdrew 200 from bank to pay back friend and must have fallen out of my pocket feeling pretty tilted right now. My brain must be in la la land
Old 06-05-2019, 11:01 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry to hear that new x

past few hrs i have been struggling even put myself back to bed but got up as hub said we needed coffee so went with him to get myself out of stupid cycle i go in when im not drinking. So i will be having some dinner shortly instead of sulking in bed. Got work tomo so up early and see if my sludge of a mood improves then.

have a good evening all x
Old 06-05-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post

Get smart, the first week is so hard. But it is so worth it to get past it.
it's odd, but sometimes I feel that week one is easier than week 2. my resolve is fresher the first week but already fading in the second. I had 6 weeks back in the spring and boom, just like that was back at it with one slip. now haven't gone more than 5 days. but that's why we're here
Old 06-05-2019, 12:16 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Went to see the doctor today. She says I'm overweight, got pre diabetes oh and she tells me I'm anxious and suggested counselling. So it was all good news. not. I know all this and know I need to take care of myself better. I'm not drinking, eating better and started to exercise today too. It was the wake up call I needed to take better care. Maybe being anxious and depressed makes me eat badly. Or maybe i'm depressed because I'm fat and feel awful. I don't know. Anyway I feel really flippin depressed this evening. And hungry
Old 06-05-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Went to see the doctor today. She says I'm overweight, got pre diabetes oh and she tells me I'm anxious and suggested counselling. So it was all good news. not. I know all this and know I need to take care of myself better. I'm not drinking, eating better and started to exercise today too. It was the wake up call I needed to take better care. Maybe being anxious and depressed makes me eat badly. Or maybe i'm depressed because I'm fat and feel awful. I don't know. Anyway I feel really flippin depressed this evening. And hungry
I have just recently started exercising and eating better it definitely has improved my mood quite a bit.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newbeginning421 View Post
I have just recently started exercising and eating better it definitely has improved my mood quite a bit.
Thanks New. How much exercise do you do and what type? I am going to do 1/2 hour brisk walking every day after work. It doesn't sound much but I will build up from there. have to start somewhere. I figure it will help me lose weight, tone up and help my mental health too.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:47 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi all. Checking in for the afternoon. About to my witching hour, but I am feeling good so far. Little tried.

RAL to hear that would be disheartening. But you are taking the first step with sobriety to change it. Be gentle with yourself.
Old 06-05-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 66 here, getting errands, gym, paperwork done. Having a strawberry banana smoothie before playing tennis with my husband. I’m fresh out of one major PAWS episode and decided to take it easy on myself. My first 9 weeks of sobriety I worked an intense temporary job, made it to the gym 5 days a week, paid off bills, saved money even. I’ve been reading a lot of literature about quitting drinking and completing the SMART workbook. I’m growing, even though I yet to obtain a high paying position or didn’t lose 15 lbs. I did lose 2.5-5 lbs depending on if the scale likes me or now that day. I’ve probably gained muscle too as I weight train after cardio.

Yesterday I finally made it to the beach, first time since being sober. We went to the dog beach. Walked the dogs, husband had 2 beers, I did a few yoga sun salutations, took photos, ate a picnic lunch. Then after about 2 hours my AV had all it could handle and we left. There’s a bar on the pier by the dog beach, so I had to get out. On to day 67. Can’t believe I made it this far, never want to have to claw myself back up from where I was.
Old 06-05-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are doing very well Mariposa! Keep up the hard work!
Old 06-05-2019, 02:29 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Just thinking. It is truly crazy that my mind can go from oh thank goodness I woke up sober and then switch so quickly mid-day. It is just mind blowing. But the only way to get that instantaneous mindset swap to ever change is sobriety. The longer we stay sober the more chance our mind has to heal and slowly start to inch towards a peaceful mind in the afternoon as well.
I'm not sure there was a point there... but I felt like I had to get it out. Lol. Ignore me if that made no sense at all.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

So I got railroaded last night, by myself of course.
My partner rang when I finished work and told me were kid free and my brain went into over drive!
We normally have a couple of drinks when we don't have the kids so of course my brain when stupid, I nearly succeeded but instead of turning left at the traffic lights I drove straight to the bottle shop and bought wine and drank it.
I was expecting this so I need to be better prepared for surprises and put a plan into place to stop myself.
I am back on the wagon today, I will jot give up..
Old 06-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Thanks New. How much exercise do you do and what type? I am going to do 1/2 hour brisk walking every day after work. It doesn't sound much but I will build up from there. have to start somewhere. I figure it will help me lose weight, tone up and help my mental health too.
I am doing brisk walking started around half hour now doing like 3 hours since I have a good amount of time on my hands. Also gives me time to think and work through my issues mentally. I want to start weight training soon and will replace walking with elliptical for cardio as well most likely. Just by not drinking should drop a ton. Also have been eating very healthy delicious food. Used to eat so much garbage that would make me feel awful. And by healthy I mean Steaks chicken salmon with vegetables and fruits. So easy to eat healthy and taste so much better and saving a ton by eating in.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Day 5 down. Thanks class, this thread is helping.
Citrus - I hear ya!!! Woke up full of the joys, 10 hours later, stressed from work and its oh wine would help. Moved on through it with help of a long phone call with an old friend and some cooking. But it's interesting to observe the games that go on in your own head! Makes me wonder all the crazy I'm missing that's kicking off in there.
Ate too much chocolate, but I'll take it for another day
Old 06-05-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was expecting this so I need to be better prepared for surprises and put a plan into place to stop myself.
I am back on the wagon today, I will jot give up
I'm a big fan of plans as you know

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 06-05-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I think that sounds like a good way to start and I'm thinking of doing the same in addition to posting here each day. I'm with you on the weight gain--drinking has caused me to pack on the pounds like crazy. I feel like I'm wearing a fat suit.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
Just thinking. It is truly crazy that my mind can go from oh thank goodness I woke up sober and then switch so quickly mid-day. It is just mind blowing. But the only way to get that instantaneous mindset swap to ever change is sobriety. The longer we stay sober the more chance our mind has to heal and slowly start to inch towards a peaceful mind in the afternoon as well.
I'm not sure there was a point there... but I felt like I had to get it out. Lol. Ignore me if that made no sense at all.
Yes I can totally relate to this. It's like a different person hijacks my mind and it happens in an instant. Once the "voice" starts then so does the tunnel vision and its very difficult for me to tell myself "NO" despite all the resolve I had just hours before.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks Dee, I clicked on the link you posted within this link and it's awesome! Exactly what I need to do for myself, even if drinking wasn't a problem..

This morning I realised that I am an alcoholic, such an ugly word that I rejected out of shame due to the stigma attached too it but I guess I have to face it one day..