Notices

I am going through withdrawals

Old 04-26-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am going through withdrawals

it is day 2 for me of not smoking green or the thc pens in the vaping oil pens. The pens oil has over 90% of thc and I seem to be the only one going through this horrible reaction of not smoking the thc pens.

I read women more than men go through this and of course I would be one who feels it.

Years ago this forum saved my life and helped me get off pain pills. This withdrawal feels different but just as terrible.

I have to get off the green in either form. I am hoping that I can get off the green for good.

I have hot/cold flashes

anxious

thank you for listening

Last edited by Ohiochrissy; 04-26-2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-26-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope our support can help you get clean and sober for good.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I have no personal experience, but I'm glad you have decided to live a sober life.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

When I stopped smoking weed after 15 years of daily use I felt really rough for the first week. Felt really hot all the time, for some reason kept sighing every 5 minutes, could not sleep a wink and couldn’t eat either. After about 10 days the physical effects went. Stick with it, once you’re through the initial withdrawals you’ll feel so much better. xx
Old 04-26-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
When I stopped smoking weed after 15 years of daily use I felt really rough for the first week. Felt really hot all the time, for some reason kept sighing every 5 minutes, could not sleep a wink and couldn’t eat either. After about 10 days the physical effects went. Stick with it, once you’re through the initial withdrawals you’ll feel so much better. xx
thank you for the reply. It does help. My friends don’t believe that one goes through withdrawals. Yet I am going through them.

I will be hanging out here.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I smoked daily more or less for the best part of thrty years and I can attest to some withdrawal - sweating, jittery, feeling of dread, anxiety, paranoia, irritabilty...some insomnia...

the good news is all that passes pretty quickly.

Stick with it ohiochrissy - you'll be glad you did,

You'll find a lot of support here - we also have a marijuana sub forum if you want to check it out
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ana-addiction/
Old 04-26-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you for getting sober.

I think weed is absolutely atrocious for the mind and gets a pass way too often!
Old 04-26-2019, 11:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I smoked daily more or less for the best part of thrty years and I can attest to some withdrawal - sweating, jittery, feeling of dread, anxiety, paranoia, irritabilty...some insomnia...
That's how I felt whenever I smoked weed, or ate edibles, or vaped. Terrible stuff for me.

I hope it passes soon. Some of my friends who were heavy daily smokers had almost no withdrawal symptoms, others did. Just like booze. Generally it's kinder than alcohol because it leaves the body so gradually, unlike most drugs with far shorter half lives.

You feel what you feel. Trust me, even if you don't have a problem with alcohol booze will only make it worse once it wears off.
Old 04-27-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you for your replies. I guess we are one of the lucky ones who have addictive personality. Yes in someways we are lucky because we are going through the hell of withdrawals with the hope that we won’t listen to the AV that says you can smoke marijuana too.

Today I choose to not smoke.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

D
Old 04-28-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today Ohiochrissy?