Notices

Accountability

Old 04-27-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So glad you have Saturday well planned with your family. Your doing great Tinker.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks Sweeti well end of day 7 and off to bed sober, looking forward to being able to enjoy sunday and the start of week 2
Old 04-27-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

7 days - how wonderful, Tinker. I love your positive attitude. The fact that you're staying busy is so important. We need that distraction in the early days. Proud of you!
Old 04-27-2019, 10:32 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn, well im up 6am on a sunday morning enjoying a coffee, that is a nice feeling. Today im going to church with my son, a new experience but one that feels right to do, then we are going to a park for wander about and picnic. Tonight will be meal prep for next week, sort school clothes etc. Looking forward to another sober week really feel like something has changed inside me.
Hope everyone has a good Sunday
Old 04-28-2019, 01:45 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well done Tinkerbeau. Congratulations.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:03 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Tink, I sense a real shift just from the tone of your writing.

Lovely to see--have a fantastic sober week!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thank you snitch anh hawkeye, i have had a lovely day, enjoyed church, then fun playing with my son at park then even did some gardening once home. Im tired and aching but happy. Going to have bath and settle down for the night.
thanks to everyone for the amazing support and having faith in me.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sounds like an amazing day Tinkerbeau.

At just over a year sober I had drinking thoughts this weekend . I went to a football match with my dad yesterday and as we entered the stadium the smell of beer was overwhelming. Beer wasn't my drink of choice but as we sat watching the game i started getting thoughts of drinking. I imagined going to the bar and ordering a pint of wine and just downing the whole lot in one to get the full effect! I had to tell those thoughts to do one and concentrate on the game. They passed and didn't return, in fact later on that evening the thought of a drink actually repulsed me! Today I was feeling a bit restless irritable and discontent. I had been to a gratitude meeting which was lovely but I still didn't feel right and I found myself getting resentful towards my brother and my sister in law and even my mum and dad and I started craving the ease and comfort of a few drinks and because I have a solid step one, I know I am powerless over alcohol and that I have no idea where one drink will take me, I knew drinking wasn't an option but I started feeling resentful and full of self pity that I couldn't go to the pub like "normal" people and enjoy a few drinks like "normal" people. Well resentment and self pity are emotions that an alcoholic like me cannot afford to have. You've heard the saying, poor me, poor me, pour me a drink. Resentment and self pity have the power to kill. I had to share what I was feeling with other alcoholics which I did on my home group WhatsApp and then I had to do some inventory on why I was feeling resentful. Which of course, all came back to me and how I was feeling! I was being selfish, self seeking, and full of fear. Then I said gratitude for all the things I have in my life because I am NOT drinking. A grateful heart can't be bitter.

My point is that you may be doing great then WHAM out of nowhere you may feel the urge to drink. And you need to be prepared for that. I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer as you are doing amazing but remember to keep whatever is going on in the day only. Some days will be amazing, some just ok, some a bit meh and some will be awful. But our primary purpose is to stay sober and no matter what the day brings or what our heads tell us, we don't pick up a drink, no matter what!

Looking forward to continuing to read about your journey !! You are doing great!.

lots of love ♥️♥️
Old 04-28-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that with me Snitch and i 100% agree, i have relapesed many times using what ever excuse that voice in my head has used. So i know i have to be guarded and cautious as will have many challenges ahead. I think the difference this time is although it was horrible learning my ex had died aged 40, knowing his death will of been alcohol related, he was a alcoholic, has really driven home to me the pain of alcohol and how much i want to live a long healthy happy life, for myself, my child and my family. So its like my outlook has changed, life is extremely precious.

day 9 today up early, work today then will visit parents.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

End of day 9 been ok, but i was very unsettled this evening, no desire to drink but unable to relax. Ended up basically eating my way through 2 hours of TV !! Going to bed now and hopfully will feel more content tomorrow but i defo need to come up with some activities/hobbies to help me relax and wind down.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 9 TB - this is not the best things get - have faith!

D
Old 04-29-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks dee, morning of day 10 got work then think i will focus on trying to relax tonight, maybe read of paint nails ?
Hope everyone is well
Old 04-29-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 10 is awesome! Well done!

Yep painting nails, bit of a pamper and then a good read sounds fab. Much better than numbing out on poison.

Remember to tighten your seatbelt as these early days can be a real rollercoaster lol. But remember whatever happens you dont have to pick up a drink! How amazing is that???

Have a great day today!
Old 04-29-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks snitch, douvle figures feels good !! But yes i was defo unsettled last night and know thats something i have to watch out for, but going to bed sober feeling like that to wake up sober anf happy again beats drinking hands down !! I like doing crafty stuff so think i will take a vist to craft shop on friday get myself some new hobbies, make cards gifts for family etc.

hope you have a great day too snitch, your support, along with everyone else's, is greatly valued.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Craft is great. I know someone who painted for a year to stay sober. I used to do scrapbooking but it’s kind of gone out of fashion . Maybe you could scrapbook photos of your son. It’s really fun. I then started card making so another great idea and cheaper than nails. It’s hard filling in all the hours we spent drinking. All the best Tinker.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks sweeti, scrapbooking is a great idea i will do that, thank you. I know its amazing the free time you suddenly have, hope your well sweeti.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well end of day 10, so tired on a evening, my pamper night hasn't happened just as i feel so lacking in energy. Snuggled on sofa watching film with my little one and getting myself extra early night.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That's ok, just get your head on the pillow sober and you have had a successful day

Cuddling on the sofa , sober, with your child....priceless.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

10 days, Tinker - that is wonderful. Very proud of you.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks snitch and hevyn. Yes i just went to sleep really early, seem to be so tired on a evening, but i get up earlier on a morning so prefer it that way. Well day 11 getting ready for work, just happy to be sober.