Notices

My day counter.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My day counter.

Star of Day 1

This feels better already. In todays world we have less and less people to talk to. We are loosing social skills. So as i said just by writing some thoughts down for the world to see is already a weight lifted. My family/relatives do not care...well they do, they just dont have the communications skills to help each other. everyone is kinda in their own world misery.

Anyway its 11:20 am and i was supposed to go and rent out a storage container today to set up my woodworking workshop. Unfortunately the office closes soon and my hangover will stop me from doing the right decisions in regards to paper work. ill just wait till next week .

Other then that i gotta clean up the mess ive created in my app.. its not TOO bad but still it needs some work and its not upto my standard.

some may remember i was always going on about a break up and finding a new Girlfriend... well this has all passed. Well the bad feeling still lingers but ive moved on best i can. To move on fully you need to find someone new, but i have enough dignity to not selfishly put someone through the mess ive created of my life. I will start searching again i just need to recover and fix myself.

Ive always been a loner, lone wolf, one man team etc whatever you want to call it, and it looks like iam on my own in this journey aswell. iam glad i have a place to write my thoughts though even if it doesn't get read all the time.

to end the intro, i know i wont drink today, there is no doubt about it,
Old 04-13-2019, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day on Renvate. As for being alone, I dunno - you have a pretty good support base here, if you want to use it

D
Old 04-14-2019, 12:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hope you managed to get the appt back in good shape and are feeling better today Renavate!

Just wanted to pick up on something you said. “To move on fully you need to find someone new”. I used to feel like that and was once called a serial monogamist which wasn’t meant as a compliment lol. E.g. I moved from one relationship to another and was rarely single for long. Back then being in a relationship was what I saw as normal and not being in one made me feel like something was missing and it was a gap I needed to fill with another person. I took being single as some kind of personal failure. Finding out that this was not the case, that not being in a relationship was perfectly ok made me a much stronger and more resilient person. I am very picky now when it comes to potential mates as before I got into not the best relationships because I thought was better to be in a bad one than not in one at all at the time. I was blinded to the facts because of my need to not be alone.

Take some time for you, find out who you are, what you really want and need in life and you might surprise yourself on what you find. I have knocked back a number of offers for a relationship over the years since I became more independent.

Being single is not as scary as I had made it out to be to myself. I am much happier and make much better decisions regarding a mate than I used to and find I am absolutely ok being single now. It would take someone really special now for me to give up my independence.

Anyhow, not sure any of that makes sense so I will stop rambling now lol. Have a super sober Sunday and great to see you back on the halls of SR giving it another shot! You deserve to be happy Renevate xx
Old 04-19-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

End of Day 6

Just the usual great benefits that i am used to seeing this early in.

Better sleep, my face is fresh, more energy and there is no alcohol induced depression. I actually felt lucky to be sober, like its a reward or some sorts - just goes to show how long ive been in a alcohol induced stupor.

My life activities atm include setting up a Woodworking workshop. I hired a container in a industrial area ( $200 a month rent) and have been setting up in there. Tomorrow ill be building a work table and installing all the woodworking machinery that has been sitting idly in my shed

Cant wait to wake up sober and have energy as opposed to my 5 am Adrenalin wake up, then sleep till 9, then wake up with a killer hangover and drag myself around to get things done.

The single thing, yeah its fine, iam used to the whole " slug it out and grow as a person before you meet someone else" etc

Feeling good. Thanks for the replys,
Old 04-19-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ren,

Agree.

Being an active addict is a horrid existence. Thinking about the hangover etc you described was a great reminder to not relapse.

Even with all of my clean time I still crave a bit. Not like when I was 1 month clean though. I still have ptsd or whatever from all of my years being a drunk, but I don't have any regrets about being a born again non drinker.

There is no missing out. Drinking made me miss out on life. Never again.

I don't have any advice on the lady thing. As I got older, my looks sort of went away. I still have some mojo, but not like when i was in my 20s.

If i were to get a divorce, I would likely vacation more in Asia where it could meet girls that love foreigners. America can be tough on single 50 something men when it comes to the lady situation.

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

well done on day 6 renvate

D
Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

hows day 7 going for you?

Old 04-21-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was going to check in too - how's it going Renvate??