Notices

Day 7 - Alc. Hepatitis

Old 04-15-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Checking in here. Monday at 20:46. Got day 9.

Hope you all doing well!

Being honest I did think about a drink this afternoon - it passed though. I totally understand about the 'Alcoholic Voice' now.

Feeling keen to prepare some good quick food tonight, probably chicken and salad.
I could really get into the total gettting healthy thing.

We have State holidays on May 1 ( International Workers' Day ) and also 2 and 3 this year. I need to make plan of something to do over these days, because I want to keep busy. I have some ideas.

Also thinking today about changing my job. Ive really lost the motivation where I am now. But I'm going to think about this before doing anything stupid.

Cheers!
Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 9 is awesome!!! Congrats. Keep it up. I skipped all the fatty liver and hepatitis nonsense and went straight to final stage liver failure....don't do what I did.

I saw your post about trying to eat better. Today is my day 230, and honestly I just got my diet under control in the last 30 days or so. Now I eat a low fat, low carb, high protein diet. Mostly chicken, turkey, and vegetables. I put hot sauce on everything and actually like it. I feel fantastic, which makes the sober life even better.

Sounds like you're doing great and have a well thought out game plan!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well done on your 9 days CG, onwards and upwards
Old 04-16-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

10 days! - its quite late here (22:09).

I am making certain I check in here every day, is for me - because this forum has been (is) so important since I stopped drinking. Dont want to leave.

But today I made a decision to finish my job before end of this year. So I will start looking for something else,

I think my job is part of reason why I drank, particulrly in the last few years. I really dont like my job. But now I make this decision I know I can get through, I have a lot of vacation days to take, so I will break up the work with this.

For me now, stopping drinking is just a begining maybe. I am thinking a lot last few days - I stopped 10 days ago but now my life is the same but no drink.

Yes it feels good right now and I really am grateful for this - but I need to think about making some changes, so I have been writing a list tonight of what I think I would like to do. What I want to change,

I guess I am only in my job because i qualified when I was younger - and honestly I was good at what I did. But now I don't want this anymore. It bores me.

Sometimes the decisions we make at 20 are not right at 30, etc. I heard someone say this somewhere once, I dont know where.

I am seriously thinking about maybe going back to college as a 'mature student'.. and doing something I want to do - find some part-time work to cover the bills, top up from savings, might even be fun.

But when I stop and think 'what to do' I think about all the things I used to like doing a few years back - all my interests were dropped because of alcohol. I used to have friends and stuff. All gone now. Only people I know now are work people or other drinkers (bars).

I used to have lots of interests - food, music (metal mainly!), motorcycles, travelling, festivals, all sorts of stuff. Wouldn't mind being an archeologist ! - must be fun digging up old ruins. Something outdoors - maybe Forestry work, I dont know. No more lifeless offices for me!

Maybe sounds a bit mixed up but Im realising that life without booze could be really good!!

So glad to have a second chance. Made a quick salad again with some chicken so I imagining my liver will be getting better each day, hopefully get some good news at the next appointment !! in beginning May.

Oh hell - another long rambling post.....

Thanks for being there for me.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm right behind you just waking to my 10th day today. We got this.
It's amazing where a clear head can take you. The possibilities are endless.
Congrats and rest well tonight.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Double digits, whoohoo!

It's nice that you're starting to dream of what you might want to do. Be careful to stay in the "right now" too. I think in early days, incremental changes are really the best way to keep from feeling overwhelmed or impatient. That might just be me, though.

Before you know it, you'll be celebrating two weeks. Awesome.

O
Old 04-17-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You sound really good, CG. From one long-rambling post person to another I say keep writing. I've sorted a lot of problems by writing in forums. People talking "at" me stresses me out but I'm willing to listen to people online for some reason.

The job thing, ah. If only. If only there were more lovely outdoor stress-free jobs. I have a good friend who from the outside appears to have it all - park ranger at a beautiful state ocean-side park. He and his family live on site. It comes with all kinds of problems too. You sound like you're in a good position to look around and find something else. That's a blessing.

Fooooooood. I'm right there with you on the healthy eating. Food as medicine.

Keep it going!. We love seeing you get better.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Just checking in... very ordinary day... but another day sober!

Managed to book a week vacation from work in middle May. Maybe I'll go for a week somewhere - Im thinking maybe Latvia. Its not so far from here - one short flight. Never been there yet. Might be nice. Or maybe Georgia ( Southern Russia ) .

And hey yes biminiblue - Loving the food. Im staying with the healthy eating now, so I will lose the extra pounds in a few weeks I think. Really should go join gym - but dont yet feel up to that !! Maybe at the weekend.

Im also thinking occasionaly of the drink - the 'Alcoholic Voice' people here call it. But it passes. It seems crazy I should even think like this - but I know it's normal. I tell it to 'just go away, dont bother me' - kind of making it unimportant if that makes sense. Seems to work for me.

I guess all jobs have ups and downs - I do need a change though. So I need to take action or nothing will change!

It's late here. So Im going to go sleep.
Good night!
Old 04-17-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Confused Guy,

I love seeing the difference in how you feel shine through in your posts. I'm in the same boat, buddy. We got this!