Notices

Back here again

Old 03-24-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
They will most likely be a lot easier on you than you're being on yourself.

Just do the right thing and people are usually willing to forgive. If they're not, well - nothing you can do about that. If you do the right thing that's all you can do.

One day at a time.
thank you . You are right. I can only do the right thing . I couldn’t blame anyone for not excusing my behaviour.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
This is only the beginning. Have you considered the 12-Steps? There is a thread you may want to read. It it is a great structured path that keeps you focused. Can't hurt to educated yourself about it. Use the Site Search at the top.
i will check this out now thank you chloe
Old 03-24-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
You know you can guarantee that you will never again have to face this particular embarrassment ever again.
Nothing sucks forever, unless you let it.

Pour out everything you have left , don't ever drink Now, you are not drinking right Now this very second and it is entirely do-able. It is possible to always not drink Now. It will always be possible and preferable, it's actually always Now , yeah ?

Forever doesn't happen all at once , all the Nows add up to forever, Now is totally do-able, you got this. rootin for ya
that makes a lot of sense, thank you for sharing
Old 03-24-2019, 07:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Benjamin - that was a great post. How I wish I'd admitted I couldn't trust myself to ever moderate. I kept going, trying to hold on to the fun it used to be - and in the process I almost lost my life. It was total chaos before I finally quit. I was completely dependent on it & drinking every day. This is what we have to look forward to with untreated alcoholism.

I insisted I could use willpower to control myself - but over the years I always failed to do so. Every time it was in my system it led to embarrassment, and danger. I drove when drinking - something I swore would never happen.
You say, "I can't allow myself to think this will never happen again." If I had felt that way my life would have been so different. Congratulations for seeing what needs to happen - for taking action. We are with you.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Benjamin - that was a great post. How I wish I'd admitted I couldn't trust myself to ever moderate. I kept going, trying to hold on to the fun it used to be - and in the process I almost lost my life. It was total chaos before I finally quit. I was completely dependent on it & drinking every day. This is what we have to look forward to with untreated alcoholism.

I insisted I could use willpower to control myself - but over the years I always failed to do so. Every time it was in my system it led to embarrassment, and danger. I drove when drinking - something I swore would never happen.
You say, "I can't allow myself to think this will never happen again." If I had felt that way my life would have been so different. Congratulations for seeing what needs to happen - for taking action. We are with you.
thakyou Hevyn

My behaviour will eventually cost me dearly. If i lost my driving licence it would be catostrophic for me and my family. Could that be a real possibility unless I change , yes I think it could.

We have a group chat with some close friends. I’ve let them know of my intentions and why. I will leave it at that for now. I needed to tell them as if I didn’t have their support it would be to easy for me to slip up. They have been supportive and recognise that I need to do something. I’m sure they have all witnesses me behave badly over the years.

At least I can be a good friend and drive in the future!

Ive also been thinking about how much money I spend on alcohol and it’s a lot! i could do so much more with that money !
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Ben

I was a bit of a lightweight at the end of my drinking career - one bottle of wine would be enough to pass out and to go through nightly withdrawls. Bedsheets were soaked through sweats!

Even drinking so little, according to my sober app on the iPad, I've saved £3309.33

My liver has not had to process 6017 units of alcohol too and is much happier with me!
Old 03-24-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by decchemist View Post
Hello Ben

I was a bit of a lightweight at the end of my drinking career - one bottle of wine would be enough to pass out and to go through nightly withdrawls. Bedsheets were soaked through sweats!

Even drinking so little, according to my sober app on the iPad, I've saved £3309.33

My liver has not had to process 6017 units of alcohol too and is much happier with me!

hi decchemist - which app are you using I’ve found one or two but the army great !
Old 03-24-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Benjamin,

I definitely think apologizing to the people you offended/hurt last night is a good start. If you want to write something maybe start it and keep it for a bit while you work on your sobriety. Once you get a little more sober time under your belt you can reread what you wrote and decide if you want to send it, or maybe have conversations with the people instead. You may also find you want to say something else a little later in sobriety.

Actions are going to speak louder than anything you can say.

I've found posting here and reading here each day really helpful.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Your right Delilah - I have made some apologies today. My partner is one of those. I’ve been made aware of things I couldn’t even remember. I think this highlights just how bad I can get. Your absolutely correct actions speak louder than words. I have gotten rid of all my whiskey collection which is a great start something I didn’t previously do when attempting to quit. Why I thought I would keep it and never drink it again just tells me how not serious about it was! This time I am thinking about the positive changes that this will bring to my life !

Old 03-24-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I wouldn't make the announcement.

Take on one day at a time to start, that's how I view it. It can be a lot, this battle, and there will be much time for those things as you progress.

Pouring out the alcohol is a good call though.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Benjamin123 View Post
Your right Delilah - I have made some apologies today. My partner is one of those. I’ve been made aware of things I couldn’t even remember. I think this highlights just how bad I can get. Your absolutely correct actions speak louder than words. I have gotten rid of all my whiskey collection which is a great start something I didn’t previously do when attempting to quit. Why I thought I would keep it and never drink it again just tells me how not serious about it was! This time I am thinking about the positive changes that this will bring to my life !

Sound some really positive choices today.