Notices

Is this necessary

Old 03-20-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hummingbird,

Did you get my reply to your PM?
Old 03-20-2019, 07:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

we talk often down in the F&F forum about ACTIONS not WORDS.
your son SAYS a lot......but then look at how he acts. look at the choices he makes. do they match up to what he says????
Old 03-20-2019, 08:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hummingbird, my heart goes out to you. I was thinking of all the worry and hell my mom endured when I was in my early 20's into 30's. I'm sober now and working very hard to remain so. The disease takes many lives but there is a way to arrest it. I go to AA, work the steps and have a host of sober friends and sponsor who shows me how to work the steps. I don't think there are easy answers but I'm in contact with people who are miracles everyday. I agree that Al-Anon would be a good step for you. I can't point to any one thing that turned me around other than I was tired of being sick and tired. Everything had to change especially my own way of thinking. Trying the same old thing time and time expecting different results THAT'S INSANITY. I've never done treatment but know people who have (many times). It seems it is good to remove yourself from the immediate temptation and get an education but you can't run from yourself. I pray and wish for the best possible outcome for you and him, your whole family. I one time asked the question in an AA meeting, "how many of these meetings do you have to go to anyway?' A member spoke very softly when it was his turn to speak and then looked at me and yelled, "you go till you want to go." I never forgot that. Not everyone does AA and it is not for everyone but it works for me because I like to isolate thinking I can figure this out myself. I applaud any way that works. Support, help, like this site, meetings whatever it takes but I agree he will have to want it.