Notices

Thoughts on Prescription drugs

Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you again for all of your thoughts. When I look back at my life I realize I've always been depressed and obviously alcohol just amplifies that. Towards the end of my relationship with wine I spent a lot of time thinking about the end. One day I spent hours in my car with 2 bottles of wine and a loaded gun. When my thoughts got really dark I was frightened enough to run into the house and hand it over to my husband. That was the beginning of the end of my relationship with alcohol.

There are so many good things in life and they do outweigh the bad but the haze of alcohol abuse makes it difficult to see. I'm so much happier now and I guess at peace with things. I will continue whatever path my Psychiatrist thinks I should be on. It's only been 15 days, and yes there are moments the AV tells me it would be ok to have just one, but I know better now. I hit that bottom and realized alcohol is not my friend, just like I realized years ago that cocaine was not my friend.

Thank you all for listening and sharing your thoughts. It means alot and I am grateful to be here.

Happy Sober St. Patrick's Day to you all.