Notices

I messed up

Old 03-14-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Walk on

**** it. Far too much negativity and judgement here from people who should understand and be supportive and compassionate.

And people playing semantics on my language? What the hell? Do you fancy yourself an amateur psychologist?

Very disappointing. I'll continue as I have with the help of my partner, friends and sport. I made a huge improvement lasting 53 days with a minor 2-3 hour slip due to the worst news one can hear about their Father, and I'll last even longer next time and if it happens again (hopefully not) then I'll last even longer the following time until I eventually never slip up again. Nobody is going to put me down or take away my progress and tell me I've failed, I made a mistake and rather than going on a binge I rectified it. I'm not going to punish myself no matter how hard the few judgemental assholes in this thread try to convince me otherwise. I'm making it and I'll get there.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

no one has said you need to punish yourself,taoo. youre reading a whole lot into the replies that isnt there.

best of luck to ya.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are putting words in other peoples mouths. Not a single person here is judging you or telling you that you have failed so referring to others as judgemental assholes is a bit extreme. You don't need to defend yourself or your actions because no one else is attacking you.

Great job on the 53 days and well done on dusting yourself off and getting straight back to it. Really happy it didn't turn into a binge and it shows real strength you're looking forward. I don't think many people get sobriety right on the first go. Honestly it's an important part of realising where you want to be and I think you know that. Good luck on your journey! xx
Old 03-14-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Taooo

sorry you feel judged here - I'm not reading that myself, but then I'm not you.

When I drank it was because some part or other of my strategy, my plan, didn't work.

I had to go back to the drawing board and tinker a little...and the sensible thing to do was to tap into the collective wisdom here to get ideas on how to do that and what to do.

Noones suggesting you failed, or that you have to start again - everything you learned and accomplished in your sober time is still there.

The only way people lose that is if they willingly throw that away.

Everyones been where you are.

What I can see is everyone trying to help - even the stuff that was hard to hear comes from a place of care and concern.

You don't have to agree with everything but no ones trying to beat you up, man

No ones required to post in these threads - the fact people do- the fact they take the time to sit down and post directly to you - is a special thing.

I hope you'll stick around, taooo.

D