Notices

Day 78

Old 03-14-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here and now

Red face Day 78

Hey everyone,

I've been okay, volunteering with helping the refugee family learn how to skate these last few weeks and planning to volunteer more in my community as I found this brings me great joy. I have been slacking a bit with some of the things I started doing in the early days, but have been doing well in others. Currently on the roller coaster of emotions, one day good, one day the world is about to fall apart haha, but I am getting better at practicing gratitude, and noticing all the little things . I have done my research on PAWS and am waiting for my addiction counselling to begin.

My question is about AA. I have been doing the steps, truthfully and thoroughly, on step 8 and started my ammends, gone to meetings, but now I'm at one a week usually. It just doesn't feel right to me and has almost become a chore, I really enjoy the people there but it feels a little to religious to me. So the question is directed to people who didn't use AA, what did you find worked for you?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all have good days bad days. I just try to remember that every day is a new one. Best wishes for you on your journey! You are doing great!
Old 03-14-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't tried AA, because I don't feel like I need it. I have said many times that I would be open to checking out a meeting to see what it's all about, just haven't yet.

What works for me....

I guess my desire to just be a better and healthier person keeps me sober. I'm also ultra competitive in everything I do, so I think of my sobriety as a personal challenge for me, and do not want to fail. My biggest challenge has been coping with stress, coping with my emotions, and dealing with my inner thoughts. For that, I've learned that putting them on paper to get them out of my head works wonders for me.

Hope this answers your question.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Using this website daily helped me Ekohe....some folks need more but this was good for me.

Have you approached your sponsor about your misgivings at all?

D