Notices

4 months sober and clean today

Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 months sober and clean today

Been going through my posts on another sobriety forum from Day 1. The desperate cries for help are so clear. The desperation fades as the days turn into weeks. Today at 17 weeks sober I am a completely different person than on Day 1. Lots of things have had to change as my life has completely changed. People have had to go, nightclubs have gone, partying has changed and sitting in bars/pubs are a memory. I am wiling to give that away as I cherish what I have gained too much.
Weekends that I used to be so scared off and dread are now weekends the way they are supposed to be. Not drinking morning to night and passing out anymore. Now I can relax and enjoy them and feel refreshed come Monday. I have gained my life back the way it was intended to be. Not easy at times but oh so worth it. I really now believe that the whole mind shift change happened at 3 month mark. I am on cruise control now, the maintenance phase I call it. I am active in my recovery and participate in forums and listen to podcasts etc on a daily basis. My fear of not being able to drink when travelling is totally gone. I have done 4 international trips since going sober and can say they pose no "danger" or FOMO anymore either. Another win. My supportive partner is so proud and happy for me and us. I am still getting stronger by each week. My pink cloud is fading but I have been expecting this. I am facing life's obstacles with a clear head and make logical decisions. I no longer need a substance to be able to cope. I am happy to say I am happy as Larry with the odd blah day in between. But hey its called life. I would never want to swap this to what I had 4 months ago.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good stuff, Syd. Congrats on your 4 months! I think we have a lot in common when it comes to weekend. I used to look forward to weekends....just because it meant I could drink from morning to night, pass out, and go again. Monday mornings were awful. Now sober, my weekends are full of life and new experiences. Weekends feel SO LONG now, which I love! Mondays are now one of my most productive days at work! Cheers to livin life!
Old 03-07-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes. I used to love to have a "nap" during the day so I could start the "party" again, I used to be so excited that I could get 2 good highs per day on the weekend!!!. Then used to be so sick on Mondays that mostly never were able to go to work and then sometimes drink into Tuesday etc...Insanity. I am so glad my last relapse happened otherwise I would be in the vicious cycle still. Strength to you my friend X
Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Four months of recovery is fantastic. The 3 month point was significant for me, too.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats sydneyman

D
Old 03-07-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is great news. Really brightened up my day.
It's so wonderful to see someone of such positivity recovering.
Best to you in sobriety.