Notices

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Old 01-03-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Been to doctors, you know, it happens Every time I go to doctors. I wait in the waiting room really anxious and then have to wait so long that I kind of give in to how I feel and when I go in I'm thinking crap! What did I even come in for lol happens every time. Makes me think I'm making all this mental malarkey up! I don't know.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just got a xmas card through the post. Opened it up, it wasn't for me. The gods must be putting my will to the test because now I'll have to go to the damn doors in my neighbourhood to find out who it was for lol
Old 01-03-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey lonewolf and wasting life- glad you are here. Like Dee said - a lot of what you are sharing sounds so familiar.

The only - ONLY- way to stop it all was to quit drinking. I too was terrified what would happen once I did, but I knew I couldn't go on the way I was.

It took time, but with continuous sobriety things became clear - and that includes everything from physical stuff to sorting out real or imagined slights to other people. Dee has wise words about letting that kind of stuff be for awhile- we gain very different perspective on a whole lot once we are sober.

It's tough to quit. Most of us would have done it sooner if it was easy - OR if we had chosen to do so.

I hope you both choose to quit drinking, and stick with us.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

You can do it. Totally normal in detox. I was always paranoid. I thought my neighbors despised me. These feelings will fade. Keep telling yourself that. Keep posting for support. Friends always here.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Did you just ask what raman noodles were? Oh my goodness, I lived off them. I still have them in my cupboard. I like the shrimp ones. I can't say they are healthy because of all the sodium, but they are economical when you're in a pinch and have very little money. I had a bad period in my life where there was no money.. but I still managed to drink cheap nasty beer.

I wanted to pop in and tell you I am thinking about you. If you keep picking up the cans, you're just repeating the cycle. Detox sucks, but eventually your will to power through has to outweigh the will of being on the same hamster wheel. You can do this! This is a great place to come vent and just know you have support out here in the cyber world with us.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lonewolf I am sorry you are struggling so much. Well done for getting to the Dr.
I hope you don't drink today and give yourself a chance of feeling better. Then do the same tomorrow..

Maybe you could take your dog out for a little walk and get some fresh air. It always feels nice to be kind and do the right thing. Bet you will feel a little better if you do.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ah, thank you ginger snow I see you are a newbie? How are you?

Nobody told me what them noodles were so I looked them up. They do look nice. We just get normal noodles for super cheap, not sure they're the same though. I'm talking super noodle (the brand) noodles
Old 01-03-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Lonewolf I am sorry you are struggling so much. Well done for getting to the Dr.
I hope you don't drink today and give yourself a chance of feeling better. Then do the same tomorrow..

Maybe you could take your dog out for a little walk and get some fresh air. It always feels nice to be kind and do the right thing. Bet you will feel a little better if you do.
Thank you Kailly, I am drinking today unfortunately. I thought I would have them to go to the doctors but then got worried I'd have none left later. So just trying to pace it. I am wanting to wane off though. I don't think cold turkey will help me just yet. Maybe I'm deluding myself I don't know but going to try it.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you Tony and August appreciate your helpful words
Old 01-03-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi there, I am glad you made it to the Dr.'s although you were not too clear if you were able to take about the problem that much. Do you feel the visit was a good one?

As other have said, everything you are going through is pretty par for the course. That said, the sooner you get all of the alcohol out of your system the sooner you can really start to feel better.

Something that has always helped me get through these periods is getting up and active. You sound a little like me, a bit "wired" and thus not one for the netflix and chill, ice-cream eating on the couch. That does work for a lot of people but for me if only made me feel worse. I felt better if I DID something.

I'd start with the following tasks:
(do one a day or as many as you can handle)

Walk the dog
Feed the dog
Pick up all the empty can and bottles and put them outside in the trash/recycling
Sweep and mop your floors
Change the sheets on your bed
Shower- wash your hair, shave, brush your teeth
Open all the windows in your house for 30 minutes to change the air (yes, even if it is cold)
Do something special for the dog- a game of fetch, buy a treat or special food
Cook something
Deliver the card to your neighbour (only when completely sober, say "Happy new year" as you do and nothing else if not needed)
Old 01-03-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

While I will be repetitive and say that I had to stop drinking before anything else- Mera reminded me of my early "to do" lists. Typically, 3 things such as 1 shower 2 eat twice 3 walk the dog. Just those things seemed impossible- and they also had to be the things that let me count that day as a sober victory and enough success to count.

It really is no alcohol, then small bites of the huge pink elephant in your living room (and head).
Old 01-03-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I think the doctor thought I was spending too much time yapping on and kind of rushed me out the door. So far, I just got a phone number for a n alcohol service. Too far at the moment really. Everything else like assessments, they have to be put on hold until I'm sober which makes sense.