Notices

NYE, what are youuu doing?

Old 12-31-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Boxing workout at 6 p.m, then back home, re-reading Christmas Carol, listening to New Year songs, having fun with cooking holidays' food, spending time at SR, welcoming New Year with pomegranate juice and sparkling water.

And up early in the morning ready to conquer the world)
Old 12-31-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Jules- looks like you are far from alone on the cooking & happy at home theme!! This will be the third year in a row my now husband and I celebrate happily at home (yep, we have a very cuddly dog too). We might try out a stromboli recipe that my mom's tennis team included in a cookbook present for our 1st anniversary! Otherwise, good meat

I got tired of the NYE parties long before my alcoholism took over- and having been in the restaurant industry a decade or so, completely agree that it (and Valentine's Day, ugh) is an amateur night.

Starting the New Year on a great note just doesn't get old.

HYE and sober 2019 to all!

PS A FB "memory" pic just popped up - us, last year on our first married NYE - and I noted the time was 830, which I recall being shortly before we went to bed

PPS OHHH! Just remembered that my step daughter texted me at 6ish AM NYD to see if one of us could come get her at a party - she was just tired of being at a friend's house and wanted her own bed....and she knew I would be up and sober. The best first text of the New Year.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well today I'm going to need a nap for starters if I'm going to even come close to making it until midnight. After that our children and better halves are coming over for dinner with us before they head out for their evening of shenanigans. Most likely some tv programs and a hockey game on tv. And if we are still up for it we will make our way a little closer to the downtown core to get a spot to watch the fireworks. in bed and asleep by 12:30.............maybe HAHA

HAPPPY NEW YEARS!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

My new tradition is to celebrate New Year's Day, not midnight.

Tomorrow morning I'll get up very early and drive out to the Atlantic coast of Florida, arriving about an hour before dawn. Park, walk out onto the beach and find a quiet spot to watch the sun rise on 2019.

This will be my third sober new year, and I've been doing this tradition for five years now. I find it does make the holiday feel much more meaningful. Though, does mean I'll be in bed at 9pm tonight! How times have changed.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:55 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I have a ritual of making sure the house is spic and span, laundry done, all bills paid... Just a take nothing negative into the new year. So that is my plan for today. We cleaned the barn yesterday, take the dogs for a walk. Pretty quiet.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That sounds like a lovely evening. This is my first NYE sober, and I’ve come down with a cold flu thing. Even tho I am not feeling well, it is ten million times better than being drunk, and the hangover that would come the next day. I did plan to make some nice t bone steaks, with baked potatoes, and a nice Cesar salad. I’m not sure I’ll pull that off tho! But I do have some yummy sea salt Carmel chocolates to enjoy tonight. Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Quiet night at home watching movies. Going to bed early and then have a nice, hangover free January 1st.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Amazing plans fam!!
Thank you so much for sharing...these put a huge smile on my face! (& made me hungry)
Happy, healthy, SOBER New Year everyone!
#wedohardthings (Thank you again Anna, my new mantra)
We do do hard things and we do them together!
xx,
Jules
Old 12-31-2018, 04:36 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Love reading what sober others are doing I'm in - jammies already, dog snoring as is fiance on the couch. Shrimp cocktail, Nilla wafers and ice cream were my dinner tonight. I'm not sure I will make midnight as I work tomorrow - I think they chose me to come in as they knew I wouldn't be hungover Working on my needlepoint and watching Ghost Adventures.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
fgo

Im back,
i read tnek97z post this morning, about not celebrating tonight, but celebrating the sunrise tomorrow morning, It has made me think & smile all day. I am going to watch the sunrise tomorrow. happy new year everyone.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I dropped my brother off to his New Years party then proceeded to go drive to a mountain top outlook and watched the fireworks from up there.

sober of course

But the true entertainment was watching the sedans and nonoffroad cars try to get up on top of the quite steep grass hill. lets say a few bumpers got ripped and mufflers scraped to oblivion.

At one point a family van tried to drive up and the right rear wheel was about a meter in the air.

4 mins later the fireworks started then i decided to get out of there early before all these 300 cars tried to drive out of this small mountain road.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Three hours to midnight. I'm heading for bed with a new book I just got today, and I'm going to read until I can't keep my eyes open.