Notices

Down, not out...

Old 11-06-2018, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Down, not out...

Hi everyone. I'm not new to recovery, but I've hit a rough patch. I went to in patient rehab about 2 years ago and was doing good, until I wasn't. I've been drinking, and I need a break from work - as that seems to be my stressor. I've called an IOP program. I'm hoping they can get me in soon.

I logically know work being stressful isn't an excuse to drink but I'm feeling a bit nutty due to work so, I let it be an excuse to drink and didn't rely on my program. It's becoming a problem with my personal relationships so I want to catch it and correct it.

I'm hoping I can get approved for FMLA - I'm in the US - to attend IOP to re-up my support and just take a mental health break from work. I really don't want to go back to inpatient as I don't think about drinking on days I don't work and I think being with my family, but having a break from work and attending treatment, will be what I need. My boss and co-workers are great, I just need to re-up my healthy coping skills for the other people I deal with as part of my job. When I'm not working, I couldn't care less about booze.

I know it's 3am where I am and I called the IOP program answering service an hour ago. they asked me if it was an emergency and I down played it. I said no, not an emergency, but it was urgent. And now I'm sad they haven't called me back yet. I guess it's ok, as it's 3am and I didn't say it was an emergency. I'll try to get some sleep and call them back after 8am and try to go to detox this weekend and start IOP after.

Thank you all for being here, on the internet, reading my post. Any tough love or other words of support would be appreciated. My cat is here, rubbing my leg, 'talking' to me, it provides comfort to me. Just having the time off work, to attend IOP but being with my family and some more freedom to my activities, will be helpful. xoxo
Old 11-06-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just sending you a big hug and to say I believe you can do this ... hang in there hopefully they call today ❤
cara❤
Old 11-06-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Cara, your reply is appreciated. I hope I can connect with them today, too. xoxo.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll get some answers today on what helps available RainbowBird -I'm glad you made it back here

D
Old 11-06-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee, for your reply. I hope so, too, I need some help right now. xoxo
Old 11-06-2018, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a bit restless. I'm out of booze and I've also not heard back from IOP. Calm down, calm down, calm down, it's 4am. I'm worried I will drive...to get more booze. I know it's not what I should do...
Old 11-06-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

support to you, keep posting
Old 11-06-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there, I hope you can get the help you need. I think that taking a mental break from work is a wonderful idea, I have taken a lot of breaks this year. Sometimes I think we get so caught up on doing more, being more, making more, and buying more, that we forget to really listen to what we need to be happy. Rest, rejuvenation, and learning to do less is very rewarding. You deserve a beak to re-connect with your true self.

Blessings...WF
Old 11-06-2018, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Rainbow

As it is an IOP program they probably keep pretty regular hours. If you need help right now I'd go to the ER, or look into inpatient. I'm not sure an IOP will detox you either, but I dunno for sure. So if you need medical detox you should probably look at an additional solution.

Hang in there.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are in a bit of a pickle, but you can get through this. I think the important thing right now is your safety from withdrawal, no hesitate to seek medical help. Wishing you the best.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Fricka, thank you. I appreciate your feedback and that you took time to reply.

I was able to connect with them during 'regular' hours today. I'm not suicidal or homicidal, so I'm managing with an end in site. I will go this Sat to detox and attend IOP after. I've also filed an FMLA claim and spoke with my sponsor today, she gave me words I needed to hear.

It's my fault I didn't reach out before I drank.

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Hi Rainbow

As it is an IOP program they probably keep pretty regular hours. If you need help right now I'd go to the ER, or look into inpatient. I'm not sure an IOP will detox you either, but I dunno for sure. So if you need medical detox you should probably look at an additional solution.

Hang in there.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you, Thomas. I appreciate you took time to reply. It is a bit of a pickle isn't it? I will confirm that I have requested FMLA and made arrangements to detox and have time for IOP, starting, this Sat...

I'm prepared to seek medical help before Sat, if needed.

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Sounds like you are in a bit of a pickle, but you can get through this. I think the important thing right now is your safety from withdrawal, no hesitate to seek medical help. Wishing you the best.
Old 11-06-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Wildflower,

Thank you for replying. I also hope I can get the help I need right now. XOXO

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hey there, I hope you can get the help you need. I think that taking a mental break from work is a wonderful idea, I have taken a lot of breaks this year. Sometimes I think we get so caught up on doing more, being more, making more, and buying more, that we forget to really listen to what we need to be happy. Rest, rejuvenation, and learning to do less is very rewarding. You deserve a beak to re-connect with your true self.

Blessings...WF
Old 11-06-2018, 04:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think IOP is a great idea. I was in one last year for several months and it gave me the recovery "booster" I needed. They also had drs. there who can prescribe detox meds to take at home. Best wishes and don't hesitate to get medical attention if needed!!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you find lasting sobriety. It takes effort but it's worth it.