Notices

Help. Don't trust myself anymore.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I admire your determination. Stay focused on how good the initial hurdle felt and how much better each additional hurtle will feel.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ah! I remember that thought! That was my primary Day One thought:

"I never have to feel like this again, I never have to go through this again, I will never act like that again."

the wave of relief I felt deep in my gut was so real, I knew it was over.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Hi Quitnow4, Ah the little four packs of wine, I can totally relate! I used to trudge up the hill from my house, buy two four packs, bring them home, consume, rinse and repeat. When I hit a bad bottom I moved back to be with family and paid a friend to clean up the mess in my house. He took a picture of a giant pile of those bottles, nearly 300 of them pulled out of my house. It disgusts me to think of it now- but that's good in my mind.

I agree with what's been said here. Make a plan, build a sober toolkit and keep adding to it. And remind yourself over and over, daily, that no matter what the wolfie AV in your head says, drinking is never the solution to anything. You can do this!
Old 10-27-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A new bwginning Q. Do not let the initial momentum slow- post here lots!
Old 10-27-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Quit!
I rambled in the other board, but I wanted to venture out here to read your thoughts and show you some support. Wherever you go, I am there for you.

Good for you for asking for more support. Reach out and grab everything you can get. One of the things that helped me as you may remember was having a cheat sheet. This wasn't motivational or even my reasons to quit. It was all the scary stuff that I read here and everywhere. Everything that reminded me that one drink was really going to kill me slowly.

I really believe in you. You have done the time before, but it sounds like you are truly ready to be done forever. Figure out what it will take you to get through the first few days (and I think from what I read you are on your way) and just keep fighting each and every minute you have to. You can do this. And like you did here, reach out and grab every tool that will help you.

Those routines will get easier. Any way I can help, know I will. You will do this. It can be that time finally.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you, all. The support is so helpful!

I’m ending day 2 very hopeful and a tiny bit healthier. I was able to run 3 miles today. Couldn’t believe it. Very thankful for that.

Also, I told my husband (again) I had been hiding my drinking from him. He is ready to do whatever he can for me to help.

Suze, Thank you, friend. I’ll see you in the August class thread.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

One week today! Thank you SR. I’m already sleeping better, connecting with my family again, and I’m back to running.

I feel like I’ve stepped back into the light. Looking forward to the next week....
Old 11-01-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

fantastic Quit

D
Old 11-01-2018, 06:55 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 View Post
One week today! Thank you SR. I’m already sleeping better, connecting with my family again, and I’m back to running.

I feel like I’ve stepped back into the light. Looking forward to the next week....
so glad for you quilt! You've got this! Prayers for your contiuing
strength.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I will have 4 weeks of sober living. So much to give thanks for! I can’t believe the mess I was in on Oct. 25, but there is hope. My mind set is changed and I want nothing to do with wine. I know there will be temptations and cravings ahead, but I will keep my decision firm and stay the course.

Ive lost 8 pounds and I’m back to running. My family relationships are so much better as I become less selfish, and more giving to those around me. Sleep is a sweet gift and coffee tastes great again.

Thank you SR!
Old 11-21-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

What a great post! And to have 4 weeks on Thanksgiving. That's if you're American. If you're not, well its still a great day to be sober.

Congratulations. And sober coffee? Nothing better. I couldn't touch the stuff when I was hungover.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I relapsed every 30 to 60 days my first year in AA. In my second year of AA 7 months sober, it gets easier if we do the work.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats QuitNow - awesome!

D
Old 11-21-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Big congrats. Terrific stuff.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Way to go Quitnow!