Notices

Despicable Me

Old 10-18-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome UhOh - Drink took me to many awful place and made me into someone I didn't recognise too.

If work stress is a factor then it's time to face that issue and find some real solutions - drinking just deals with the symptoms not the problem, and it doesn't even do that very effectively.

Have you spoken to anyone about your work stress - colleagues, bosses, or a doctor or counsellor maybe?

I think you need to accept its not just a work problem too tho - passing out on the kitchen floor, hiding drinking and raiding piggybanks means its a home problem too, yeah?

D
Old 10-18-2018, 03:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Believe me, you haven't heard it all. Stealing out of your child's bank was a new one for me.
You've never heard it all. How about drinking mouthwash? I did that.
The levels of depravity I hit made me do things that I'm ashamed to tell anyone. But I do, thinking it may help someone who was reaching bottom or felt they were alone in their experiences and actions.
Keep drinking. You'll have more stories to tell.
I drank for thirty five years alcohcoholicly. And I still have yet to hear something that surprises me of the levels of depravity we reach.
I lost it all. And you can, too. As far as the yets go.

My advice would be to do whatever it takes to stop.
It's the job? Get a new one. Whatever it takes.
You are not yet at the bottom. The wife and kids are still there. You haven't lost them. Yet.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the advice, getting late here so I’ll be heading to bed soon. I guess tomorrow’s day 2. It’ll be a struggle, I’m sure. But I’m trying this time. I put the money back. As much as I wanted to spend it or save it for tomorrow, I don’t think I could live with it.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tiptoeing on the Edge of Forever

Originally Posted by UhOh View Post
I am so Ashamed of myself. I don’t like to feel this way and I know if I quit, I won’t have to feel this way again. The kids are running around happy and my wife seems.... ok. But all I can think about is my next fix of vodka. It’ll pass in time, I’m sure. I’ve heard it all before and still can’t stop. I’m a complete disaster.
UhOh, you are walking along a precipice, a short step away from one disaster that will make things worse than just feeling like one. I was kicked out by my fiance for engaging in behaviors like yours, landed in homeless shelters, lost the person I loved. Even my love for her couldn't stop me, and I caused a lot of harm to her in the process. Don't go down the road of waiting until it's too late to do anything but quit because you have no choice, but that fulcrum is ahead of you without a doubt when you continue drinking.