Everythings a nightmare

I dont deserve this
Old 10-04-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Im sorry Sharon.

Im just tired of being alone.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Try to take a deep breath, letting the good in, and when you breathe out, letting the bad out. Maybe stop telling yourself how bad everything is and how tired and frustrated you are. The more focus we put on a feeling, the bigger and "realer" it seems. Try pointing out some things that are good in your life. Even if they don't feel good right now. You have a home, that's great, it keeps you warm and safe. You have support and people who care, another great thing! You have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, also not bad, right? Everything may feel horrible right now, but that doesn't mean that it is horrible. Feelings don't necessarily represent the truth.

Have you tried writing down 3 things you're grateful for every night before going to bed? It sounded ridiculous to me at first and I was way too cynical but it does help to get your mind away from the suffering, the entitlement, the cynicism. I have almost 2 years and I still do it almost daily.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dandelion, did you have children in your
25 yr marriage? Any sisters or brothers?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
Try to take a deep breath, letting the good in, and when you breathe out, letting the bad out. Maybe stop telling yourself how bad everything is and how tired and frustrated you are. The more focus we put on a feeling, the bigger and "realer" it seems. Try pointing out some things that are good in your life. Even if they don't feel good right now. You have a home, that's great, it keeps you warm and safe. You have support and people who care, another great thing! You have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, also not bad, right? Everything may feel horrible right now, but that doesn't mean that it is horrible. Feelings don't necessarily represent the truth.

Have you tried writing down 3 things you're grateful for every night before going to bed? It sounded ridiculous to me at first and I was way too cynical but it does help to get your mind away from the suffering, the entitlement, the cynicism. I have almost 2 years and I still do it almost daily.

Thanks. I'll try to focus on my breathing. I go into fight or flight. Its insane.

Thank you for the reminders. Ill try to focus and write a gratitude list.

Thank you
Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It might be of some help to take a slightly different perspective than thinking 'alone = failure' Dandelion.

Here in the UK there are a fair percentage of single person "households," I am one myself and while I am concerned about the possibility of being alone indefinitely there are also many anxiety reducing benefits of a single life, the biggest and most obvious of which is you do not have to worry about pleasing someone else.

So much could change for you in say two years that you might look back and think that now is the time that things started to get better.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the rest of your day/night is better Dandelion

D