Notices

Heart test brought forward.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heart test brought forward.

I have to do a stress test in 2 days time. Feeling pretty stressed and worried about the outcome. Today I barely made it in and out of the shops. I only have to walk 7 minutes on a treadmill. Feel like all the rposters are coming home together.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I ts a heart stress test.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd look at it this way - if they find a problem, better to find it now
if they find no problem, thats grea t

D
Old 08-06-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 08-06-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rposters was meant to read roosters lol
Old 08-06-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you are physically unable to walk there are other ways to get the stress test done. Be prepared to have to lie on the table while they take pictures of your heart with a special machine both before and after you walk.

If they do find something they can help you address it,

How are you doing otherwise? Have you been able to stay sober? Anything helping your with that right now?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had to do something hard last week. I felt so out of control, I knew that if I’d done things differently leading up to this, I would be way more serene, and I had only myself to blame. Man, I was wound tighter than a piano for days leading up to it. My mind was spinning and my eyes twitched. I ran around for a couple of days trying to piece it all together so it wouldn’t be a complete disaster but I knew perfection was going to be off the table. Woke up the morning of, thinking, welp, eitght hours from now, I can’t believe this....

Then I thought, ok, I screwed up. I didn’t put what I needed to put in for this to be completely successful. I can’t change that now. I can going forward. The real question is, will I? I want that answer to be yes. So I have to face the consequences, put one foot in front of the other, eat a little crap today, and while eight hours from now it’s likely going to be unpleasant, nine hours from now I will know what happened and I can move on.

I’m tired and about to go to bed now so I hope this made sense. What I’m trying to say is, stay sober. You can’t change the past. You can change the future. You can go to your stress test, perform it, meet with the dr afterward, and make your plan for your health. You’re gonna hear what you already know: that you have to take care of yourself. Is that so bad?

In yoga they say to beginners that if you can’t do the pose, like, can’t even lift one leg over the other, you have to project your mind. Close your eyes and visualize the pose, even just lift your leg one in hand try the first tiny step your body takes to move toward it, and hold it there. You’re going into that yoga class to meet yourself, honor yourself, and through so doing, love yourself. And return, day after day.

So go to your test, meet yourself there, and stay sober, moment to moment. You can.

xoxo-B
Old 08-07-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today I barely made it in and out of the shops

your history shows that when ya mention "shops" you were buying alcohol.
were ya buying alcohol?
Old 08-07-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

to be fair, most 'shops' here don't sell alcohol, just groceries - although there is often a liquor store not far off in most complexes, it's not always the case.

D
Old 08-07-2018, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

While I can understand that it can be easy to stress about the unknown, stressing actually does nothing except maybe raise your blood pressure.
Take a few deep breathes, relax, walk on the treadmill, read a book, do something to get your mind off something you have no idea what the results are of.

I am glad you made it out of the store without alcohol, that is huge for you! You should feel proud. Sometimes it is second by second.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've had stress tests twice on the treadmill and the hardest thing both times
was my back kinda giving up at the tail end. Not sure about everyone's target heart rate but mine was something like 185 and by the time I got there I was glad it was done. Not any big deal tho'.

I did the treadmill even with a bad back as was too afraid of the injection to get heart rate up. However.....Mom had it (injection) done and was like "nope....it wasn't any big deal."

Can't tell you the number of times that my fears have been ALL about hearing someone's else horrid experience.
Sorta like that throat surgery I had that was supposed to be "one of the most painful surgeries to recover from."

It was a cakewalk compared to other pains in my life.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

also, I'd being reallllyyy surprised if they had you do the treadmill due to reading prior posts. They may start you there....but if you have any problem, they'll do it the other way.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I had a nuclear stress test done about halfway thru my 30 day event monitor. Took me 11 minutes to get up to 185 beats per minute. They injected me, had me do an echo, put me on the treadmill, injected me Again, and then another echo. Took few hours.

They will be able to see almost everything going on with your heart. I had a pvc here and there but most of my palpitations were picked up on the 30 day monitor at night.

I honestly think that it takes lot of time for the mind and body to adjust. I'm still having these pvcs at night and have over five months clean and sober.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Random, but how long is it supposed to take to get up to 185? Because my HR monitor says I get up there pretty quickly when I’m exercising (5 min or so).
Old 08-07-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

They start you out walking pretty slow. Every couple minutes they increase the speed and incline. Finally at the end I was running to get it there. So if I would've started out full blast it wouldn't have taken that long.

I've posted before about palpitations and what not going thru paws. Some people have said they had the same experience. I also feel pretty tired after doing almost anything. It's a real struggle getting going in the gym most days.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justin61571 View Post
They start you out walking pretty slow. Every couple minutes they increase the speed and incline. Finally at the end I was running to get it there. So if I would've started out full blast it wouldn't have taken that long.

I've posted before about palpitations and what not going thru paws. Some people have said they had the same experience. I also feel pretty tired after doing almost anything. It's a real struggle getting going in the gym most days.
Thanks!!
Old 08-07-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
If you are physically unable to walk there are other ways to get the stress test done. Be prepared to have to lie on the table while they take pictures of your heart with a special machine both before and after you walk.

If they do find something they can help you address it,

How are you doing otherwise? Have you been able to stay sober? Anything helping your with that right now?
I put off the test till the 23 August so I can practice my walking and have more sober time up. That should help with the test. Thanks for asking Delilah. Yesterday I listened to an AA speaker tape. Finding it tough sleeping ATM.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Justin61571 View Post

That's why I have put it off. Chest pains haven't been that bad. i.cant do a brisk walk. Barely able to get up and down the stairs to my bedroom.