Notices

Drunk after seeing my psychiatrist

Old 08-03-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk after seeing my psychiatrist

I got five minutes of his time. I keep hearing the same things over and over again. Go to Aa. Go to the bipolar center. Everyone is so unwell at the bipolar center and half the time everyone just sits around and stares at each other. They don't clean their houses and don't cook meals. I admit aa is a good idea just too upset after the death of my ex. Noone knows he was married so the less said the better. The shrink thinks the neurologist will put everything down to my drinking. So many triggers. Today is the two week anniversary of my ex death. Just venting. I have drunk one bottle and are onto my second. How do you make the pain go away?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You start by pouring out the alcohol Sweeti. Then maybe you give the bipolar center a try, they may be able to help get you on the right mess, and maybe it would be a good place until your appointment with neurology on Monday.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Exercise and more exercise and lots of tears.
So sorry to hear you are drinking again love. Don't end up like me and have to inject insulin 4 times a day, because I didn't come to my senses fast enough.
I wish I had a magic wand to take it all away from you, but the reality is, you have to do this for yourself. Perhaps do it as a tribute to your ex?
Wishing you strength and peace of mind.
Xx
Old 08-03-2018, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi sweetichick. I think you need to give new tools a try. Doing the same old things will get you the same old results.

you need change.

Drinkings not very effective and it brings a whole other load of problems with it. If you're worried about your health, drinking really isn't a viable option for you anymore.

I'd try what the psych doc said, even tho you might have tried some of it before.

If there's stuff weighing you down that you're not talking about like your exes death, then I think you need to talk about that.

It makes no difference if you were married or not if you need grief counselling.

In the end, if you feel you really can't follow his advice maybe you need to change psych docs?

D
Old 08-04-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
You start by pouring out the alcohol Sweeti. Then maybe you give the bipolar center a try, they may be able to help get you on the right mess, and maybe it would be a good place until your appointment with neurology on Monday.
Hi Delilah. I went for a sleep and woke up and through the rest out. They are not open weekends but do have peer support workers. Maybe not such a bad idea.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
Exercise and more exercise and lots of tears.
So sorry to hear you are drinking again love. Don't end up like me and have to inject insulin 4 times a day, because I didn't come to my senses fast enough.
I wish I had a magic wand to take it all away from you, but the reality is, you have to do this for yourself. Perhaps do it as a tribute to your ex?
Wishing you strength and peace of mind.
Xx
Thanks Zanna. Sorry to hear about your diabetes. I have left things to the 11th hour as well. Thanks for the support.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi sweetichick. I think you need to give new tools a try. Doing the same old things will get you the same old results.

you need change.

Drinkings not very effective and it brings a whole other load of problems with it. If you're worried about your health, drinking really isn't a viable option for you anymore.

I'd try what the psych doc said, even tho you might have tried some of it before.

If there's stuff weighing you down that you're not talking about like your exes death, then I think you need to talk about that.

It makes no difference if you were married or not if you need grief counselling.

In the end, if you feel you really can't follow his advice maybe you need to change psych docs?

D
I can see your point Dee. I can easily go see my gp and get my 10 free sessions with a psychologist. I feel like everyone looks down on me because he was married and see it as my own fault. Those who know that is. Thanks for your support.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti I don't think people are looking down on you. I'm really sorry that you're in pain but I too think the others are right and I hope that you recieve the help that you deserve soon x
Old 08-04-2018, 01:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Yixi. Maybe it's my own conscience.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How do you make the pain go away?
no magical bottle,thats for sure.
go through it. let it happen. give it time.
TONS of tools you already have and refuse to use them,sweeti.
there isnt an easier,softer way- gotta do it like the majority of us have- suck it up, sober up, and work for it.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I stopped trying to make the pain go away with booze. It's pointless. I also don't drink at others/things/circumstances anymore. If I'm going to drink, I'm going to completely OWN my choice to pick up. No 'excuses/reasons' needed. It would simply fall to "I drank because I wanted too".
Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Big hugs my love .. xxx
Old 08-04-2018, 10:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SC I've been following your posts for quite some time now and it seems that doing it on your own is not working very well. Therefore, I would be open to suggestions and at least give things a try. We are defined by our decisions and then acting on those decisions. Wishing you the best.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, I hope you make some changes in your life and find some new tools to use to help you stop drinking.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I got five minutes of his time. I keep hearing the same things over and over again. Go to Aa. Go to the bipolar center. Everyone is so unwell at the bipolar center
That could be because you’re not taking on board what they’re telling you and that's why you keep hearing it. Drinking when bipolar is not at all good and ultimately just makes things much worse. 

It’s understandable some of the people at the bipolar centre will be unwell, it can be a very severe illness. It seems that you’re very unwell due to both your bipolar and your drinking so seeking help and support for both would seem to be your best option.

Good luck.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

"Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average.

There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest."

AA Big Book, Chapter 5, How It Works.

Sounds like the professionals are telling you the EXACT same thing you have been told on this site over and over and over and over again. When you truly get miserable enough that you can't take it anymore I hope you will finally give AA a chance.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yeah.. Once I knew/accpeted I had a drinking problem and took action to start 'fixing/working on it' the excuses went out the window, Sweetie. If I EVER drink again it'll be simply because I wanted to and did. No 'labels' needed anylonger. I used the 'reasoning' of my addiction/problem as an excuse to drink in the past. How utterly INSANE is that!?!?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I think going to rehab or the mental health facility would be an extremely good idea.
Your constant cycle of getting drunk, make a thread with an excuse to somehow justify it, and repeat clearly isn't working.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Sweeti. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time and just wanted to send you some Love xxx
Old 08-04-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
So many triggers.
Maybe.

But there's only one way to be drunk and that's to drink.

You know this.

Good luck,

B