Notices

Dealing with Adversity

Old 08-02-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dealing with Adversity

I sell products my own branded products on Amazon. Last Saturday I awoke to find Amazon had removed over 200 customer reviews on my biggest selling product, leaving under 10 reviews remaining.

This is a complete disaster for anyone selling on Amazon as the social proof from satisfied customers reviews is vital to future sales. I had no idea what this would do to my income but it was going to be bad.

I was frantic inside, scared and very anxious, lead feeling in belly, head and chest bursting. I was also really annoyed with myself for not having spent more effort in building greater resiliance in the business by proper research and launching more products.

My initial thought was whatever you do, do not drink it is not going to fix this or make me feel better. Calling my ex wife and telling her would not resolve the situation. It would only worry her and whilst we have split I do love her deeply. It is time take something on the chin.

Checking Amazon seller forums I found I was not the only one who had reviews removed. My reviews on this product were gained over 30 months from genuine customers. There are also clear cheats who have fabricated reviews and their reviews had not been removed. The INJUSTICE.

I contacted Amazon and sent an email of appeal. Though apparently any hope in that was non existent based on the messages posted by other sellers, who had experienced similar things.

The only thing I could was muster my best experience and knowledge and find a new product to launch. This is not a simple task. You are going to need to invest 20k on sourcing and launch and it is easy to get it wrong. Anyway last weekend I spent hours and have found a product and supplier with good potential. For months I have ignored my business relying on existing products, not a good idea.

To put it bluntly I was going through hell and felt like jelly inside all weekend. On Monday I started to feel some acceptance of the situation.

Fast forward yesterday, Amazon listened and returned my reviews and immediately my sales recovered. Review reinstatement is unheard of from reports by other Amazon sellers.

What situation would I be in now if I had drank?

The worst possible time to drink is when we face adversity and worry.

Anyway I am really thankful and relieved things are back to where they were. It has also kicked me along to work on developing and growing my business or literally it will die eventually.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things sorted out and you didn't end up drinking at the problem. That never helps!

When it comes to things like peoples experiences on the internet, you'll probably find that the people who get their reviews restored didn't end up on some forum complaining about it and most of the folks clamoring on about the reviews gone for good where probably actually paying for reviewbots.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good news! Using good choices and landing on your feet. Thank you for sharing with us.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy you didn't drink.
I have an author friend this also happened too, I am not sure how or why Amazon does this but I understand the frustration, you're not the only one, sure that doesn't make it better but you took the situation well and succeeded in not drinking over it. That's huge!!!!
Old 08-04-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gerard52 View Post
I sell products my own branded products on Amazon. Last Saturday I awoke to find Amazon had removed over 200 customer reviews on my biggest selling product, leaving under 10 reviews remaining.

This is a complete disaster for anyone selling on Amazon as the social proof from satisfied customers reviews is vital to future sales. I had no idea what this would do to my income but it was going to be bad.

I was frantic inside, scared and very anxious, lead feeling in belly, head and chest bursting. I was also really annoyed with myself for not having spent more effort in building greater resiliance in the business by proper research and launching more products.

My initial thought was whatever you do, do not drink it is not going to fix this or make me feel better. Calling my ex wife and telling her would not resolve the situation. It would only worry her and whilst we have split I do love her deeply. It is time take something on the chin.

Checking Amazon seller forums I found I was not the only one who had reviews removed. My reviews on this product were gained over 30 months from genuine customers. There are also clear cheats who have fabricated reviews and their reviews had not been removed. The INJUSTICE.

I contacted Amazon and sent an email of appeal. Though apparently any hope in that was non existent based on the messages posted by other sellers, who had experienced similar things.

The only thing I could was muster my best experience and knowledge and find a new product to launch. This is not a simple task. You are going to need to invest 20k on sourcing and launch and it is easy to get it wrong. Anyway last weekend I spent hours and have found a product and supplier with good potential. For months I have ignored my business relying on existing products, not a good idea.

To put it bluntly I was going through hell and felt like jelly inside all weekend. On Monday I started to feel some acceptance of the situation.

Fast forward yesterday, Amazon listened and returned my reviews and immediately my sales recovered. Review reinstatement is unheard of from reports by other Amazon sellers.

What situation would I be in now if I had drank?

The worst possible time to drink is when we face adversity and worry.

Anyway I am really thankful and relieved things are back to where they were. It has also kicked me along to work on developing and growing my business or literally it will die eventually.
Your story is great example of empowering your self (contacting Amazon and fighting back) and regaining control over what appeared to be helpless feelings. You could have also regained control (temporarily) with a quick fix or mood changer of drugs but you did not. You replaced your quick fix and empowered yourself with a healthier behavior!
Recognize your helpless circumstances and emotions
Reframe the pros and cons of drugging
Replace the addictive behavior with empowering behavior that enables you to regain control over overwhelming circumstances.

Congrats are in order.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done, Gerard.

What was the reason Amazon gave you for removing?
Old 08-04-2018, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

What was the reason Amazon gave you for removing?
Amazon don't give reasons, there has been a rash of them doing it to many sellers. Amazon is trying to get rid of false reviews, so stepping up inspections.

Good news for me I past amazon inspection and they reinstated them.