Notices

Hi, my name is KarltheheretiK and I'm...

Old 08-01-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarltheheretiK View Post

Regardless, I know I have a problem and I'm going to beat it. And you folks are going to help me. Heck, you already have... I started my week by replacing my pre-shift, day-drinking with fruit juice and lurking around these fora. And I can't believe how much better I feel already. I'm really glad I found this place!
I'll bet you do. feel better breaking that morning routine !

This place made all the difference getting through those first few seasons . Have you had a chance to check out the sub forum below called Secular Recovery yet ?

It can get a little rough and tumble ,....but I have a feeling you'd fit right in brother .
Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

karl - it is all about you . You drink before you work. I don't care what you drink but you have to have your "fix". Guess what. You have a problem.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:31 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarltheheretiK View Post
Regardless, I know I have a problem and I'm going to beat it. And you folks are going to help me. Heck, you already have... I started my week by replacing my pre-shift, day-drinking with fruit juice and lurking around these fora. And I can't believe how much better I feel already. I'm really glad I found this place!
Awesome stuff Karl; I learned something new; you are correct, the plural of forum is technically fora.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post

I'll bet you do. feel better breaking that morning routine !

This place made all the difference getting through those first few seasons . Have you had a chance to check out the sub forum below called Secular Recovery yet ?

It can get a little rough and tumble ,....but I have a feeling you'd fit right in brother .
I'm trying to take a wholistic approach to all this. I'm a creature of habit and waking up to a cup of java is a habit I've had since I was 16. You know breaking patterns may just be another tool one can consider on the road to recovery. It feels fracking wonderful to walk into work and not have to worry about breathing directly into someone's face, lol!
Old 08-01-2018, 08:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
Awesome stuff Karl; I learned something new; you are correct, the plural of forum is technically fora.
Technically...

The American-English language seems to be breaking away from the Latin influences these days. More and more, I am hearing folks on the radio say "vortexes" instead of "vortices" and "octopusses" instead of "octopi." I'd like to believe this isn't happening, but when the guy who says "vortexes" is an astrophysicist, and the lady who says "octopusses" is a marine biologist, it's hard to ignore.