Notices

2 beers tonight

Old 07-27-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 beers tonight

Okay so I have successfully cut down to 2 beers per night after drinking 4-12 beers a night. Even though I'm still drinking 2 beers per night my head feel much clearer. Also a lot of pains have gonna away like I was getting pains to my left hip joint for some reason but not anymore. Also don't feel as dreamy and my sleeping pattern is better. So should I do now cut down to 1 beer per night or just stop completely?

Edit: Typo, I mean 2 beer per night not 2 beer tonight in title
Old 07-27-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

As you know no one can give you medical advice here, and that includes tapering advice ....

But, if you decide to taper down to one, I'd keep things moving...don't settle for that.

I think none is the best outcome and the sooner you get there the better

D
Old 07-28-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Agree with Dee.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rar

I remember the days when I considered only having 5 beers per night a success. If you are down to 2 beers, I would just rip off the bandaid. As Dee says, "The sooner, the better.". Good luck. .
Old 07-28-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I jumped off at 12/2/1 over three days.

I'd say now's the time.

That hip thing? I know a man in his forties who had both hips replaced because of alcoholism. Something that isn't talked about much is the damage it does to bones.

Today is a good day to quit.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Ozm,

Nice taper.

My taper has been 2 snorts in 3 plus years. Although I didn't consider them tapers..they sort of were.

Giving up drinking 100% was tough at first. But, sr helped. When I had my slips I got...sorry for you....reset your clock...don't worry about a clock...join AA...take meds...etc.

It all comes down to a personal decision. All the support in the world cannot stop me from drinking if I choose to.

I make the choice...easier and easier these days.... to live as i am biologically designed...above the influence.

Thanks.
Old 07-28-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

On one of my attempts,when I got down to two beers I just stopped. Of course after testing myself(didn't have a plan) a few times, I was back to drinking full bore in no time. My last quit I didn't intentionally taper at all. For me, the taper was to get my drinking 'under control',so I could continue at a future date. I understand a lot of countries sujjest this method,but I don't buy into it anymore.

Edit: Fun fact.. When I was tappering I used 'tall boys' instead of 12oz cans and only counted the 2beers/can as 1. Oh the crap our AV's pull.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Only had one beer last night because I was too tired to drink the second. Already my eyes look more lightened up and clear. When I was drinking the like 10 beers a night my eyes were always red even when I was sober which was during the days because I don't drink during the day.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Is tomorrow your day one then? Might as well get it over with.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ozm8ey View Post
Okay so I have successfully cut down to 2 beers per night after drinking 4-12 beers a night. Even though I'm still drinking 2 beers per night my head feel much clearer. Also a lot of pains have gonna away like I was getting pains to my left hip joint for some reason but not anymore. Also don't feel as dreamy and my sleeping pattern is better. So should I do now cut down to 1 beer per night or just stop completely?

Edit: Typo, I mean 2 beer per night not 2 beer tonight in title
Based on my own personal experience, my attempts to cut back have ultimately resulted in a gradual increase in consumption over 1-3 weeks until I was back to my previous levels of consumption. If you see yourself gradually slipping backwards... take note then remember you can't slip backwards if you don't pick up the first drink to begin with.

I know people who can maintain a consistent level of light drinking (my wife being one), but I am unfortunately not one of those people. I obviously do not know your situation... but I highly recommend monitoring your consumption closely.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Edit: Fun fact.. When I was tappering I used 'tall boys' instead of 12oz cans and only counted the 2beers/can as 1. Oh the crap our AV's pull.
HA! I suppose you have also noticed that the macro beer producers are selling more and more of their product in 16 oz cans/bottles in lieu of 12 oz cans/bottles! (4=3, 8=6, etc.)