Notices

Tough stuff

Old 06-02-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough stuff

I feel a ton of respect and gratitude for everyone on this forum. It has been super tough...day 5 I'm feeling physically better but now the depression is coming at me. I'm going to play golf with a friend later (only 9), chatted w my cousin and going to play FIFA to give my brain something to focus on other than negative thoughts. Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations on 5 days, Shoot. Hopefully golfing will cheer you up. Hang in there. It will get better.....you're doing great!
Old 06-02-2018, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and posting. A sober day is a good day. One that involves people who you live and care about is even more special.

Congrats.

BB
Old 06-02-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Good for taking positive action! Keep on going, one foot in front of the other; it will get better in time.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Yes, I agree with you about Day 5. The end of the first week of sobriety was pretty dark for me. But, you're doing great and things will get better soon. Enjoy your golf game!
Old 06-02-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Shootfromthehip. We're so glad you're here with us.

You're doing a wise thing to keep yourself distracted from too much thinking. I was filled with remorse in the early days - it almost led me back to drinking just to quiet my thoughts. Thankfully, I discovered SR, & posting here really helped with the anxiety. You're not alone.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am finding myself singing that song in my head from one Country singer, "You ain't much fun since I quit drinkin" by Toby Keith. I am getting more annoyed with my spouse cause I feel like sometimes he can't just shut his mouth with is so called Knowledge.
I mean he is not a stupid man. Even though he never graduated from High School he has done very well for himself and given me and our kids a comfortable life. I just get so tired when you tell him something he automatically says it's not. Or he will ask me a question like, "What time do you go to want dinner?" "Oh I don't know. Maybe 5-6" I will respond. "We never eat that early lets go at 7" Something like that...Don't ask me a question and then rebut my answer.

Last night we went out and met up with a few friends and I was bored to pieces. My spouse had 4 20oz beers in 3 hours. Probably not a big deal but I was not engaged with the conversations going on. I use to be when I was drinking too.
Something to discuss with my Counselor on Thurs.

This stuff was tough for me.

Last edited by LivinInLV; 06-02-2018 at 03:53 PM. Reason: errors
Old 06-02-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's tough for a while, you just have to hang in there and find something to pass the time, golf and FIFA both sound like decent time sinks.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Shootfromtheip

D