Notices

My George Clooney moment

Old 06-01-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My George Clooney moment

I don't care what kind of a car you drive to AA because all that matters is what you are inside, but here is part of my story. I used to date a guy named George and we drove a red convertible in Santa Monica LA. Now I am down and out. Have to find myself and go on with recovery. I would post this at the friends and family forum but I am in early recovery and being reading and posting here. Ex boyfriend doesn't think he has a problem. His mother died of alcohol related injuries. I know he "cares" about me but I miss him much. It has been five years since he told me he had enough of my drinking. No reason to drink, he said if I could stay sober he would reconsider. I know I have to do this journey for me but it is the hardest thing to miss someone that was so close.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Icewater
A lot of us want to be loved again and there;s nothing wrong with that as such

For me though I had some serious renovation work to do on myself first. Noone can love me in a healthy way if I don't love myself first.

I had a string of broken relationships all my life.

Taking time out when I got sober to work on me really made a difference - not only for me but the relationships I have too.

D
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh those days in sunny Cali! I was there, they were the best! So happy I was born in Venice. Nothing ever like the good old days in SoCal. I even had a VW bus that I could camp on beaches between LA and San Diego. My god they were wonderful times you could pull over and just park. sleep. steal a Sunday news paper every so often.

But you have to grow up dear heart. You have to get your sh** together, not just for someone else but for yourself. Most people want [us] to carry our own weight, deal with our own [sh**]. It's just part of being a couple, you do your work and I'll do mine. But sadly that isn't always the case. Drugs and alcohol take hostage to those that cross the lines of what most people understand as boundaries. Sadly you lost out on what seems like a great guy. Get your butt into therapy, treatment or whatever as it appears you know you need to. Save yourself. Be honest and accountable, and when you have the rewards of recovery under your belt you may or may not feel the need or want to contact this person again but just know ... just know the reward of "doing the work". May God shine his love light on you Icewater.