Notices

Mom’s of SR

Old 05-24-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom’s of SR

We used to have a mom’s board a few years back but it slowly dwindle away. There seems to be some new interest in another one.

Hello I’m “PR” as my SR family calls me. I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 but I also have an adult child who doesn’t live with me. I live in suburbia Southern California. I also love sharks, hockey (however I hate the San Jose Sharks ha ha ha go figure), black coffee, Adam Sandler movies (don’t judge me 😝 )and home decor.

I hope to get to know more mom’s like me!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I’m an old mom of five (my oldest is 32 and my youngest is 20).

But I’ve got four young grandkids (7, 4, 2, and almost 1).

I’ve seen it all!
Old 05-24-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glimmer my oldest is 27. I was a teen mom with my 1st then an AMA “advanced maternal age” mom at 35 with my 2nd. Thankfully I had an OB who took it all in stride but everyone else acted like I was 70 and having a baby 😮 I had my last at 40.....New Years Eve and and wine. I wouldn’t trade him for the world but I joke he is my everlasting hangover. 😂
Old 05-24-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL!

I had my first three—boom, boom, boom—between 26 and 29.

Thought I was going to jump off a cliff!

But I was like Wonder Woman compared to the way my butt dragged after the later two (35 and 38). I was so wiped out all the time!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Most days I want to jump off a cliff. 😂
Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

For me it got MUCH better once they reached the age of reason. You can enjoy and appreciate their personalities so much more when you no longer have to run around after them wiping their noses!

Do you know any other moms in your neighborhood, church, or children’s school whom you can commiserate with?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do but none I really connect with 😢
Old 05-24-2018, 07:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hear you.

I find I connect a lot more with people on SR who don’t look like me on paper.

The people who are supposedly “peers” in some way, not so much.

I live in suburbia, and it’s very hard to get below the surface with ladies I meet.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a little family here on SR that I wouldn’t change for the world. It is possiable to love people you’ve never actually met. We have one MIA right now, I pray for him like my own brother or sister. I can’t wait to see him come back. Until then I pray, that’s all I can do for him.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree 100%. There are people here I honestly love with all my heart.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've got four girls, now grown and on their own. My permanent kids are three cats and two dogs. One of my cats was adopted from a friend on the forum. She had the cat, a stray, and needed a good home for her. She lives three hours away so my brother drove me down to get the kitty. So I have a 'cat sister' I met here. And we share the love of a very special cat.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm a mum (Aussie) of 2 little ones. Ages 5 and 2. Hello ladies
Old 05-24-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi, T2SA! I should have been in bed hours ago! I’m glad I was awake to greet you!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If I understood correctly that you were asking about interest in an SR moms’ group my answer would be yes. It does seem like that has been a focus and a need lately. I too really love my little SR family/class but also would be open to a new group if that’s even what this might become. Oh and just by way of introduction I have a son who is 10 and a daughter who is 7 and I quit the drink 1/2/18. Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-25-2018, 04:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So excited for this group!
I'm 37 the mom of 3 awesome boys. 15, 12 and 7. I'm from Michigan and have been married for 18 years. I've struggled with drinking my entire momhood. sometimes worse then other and lately has been a downward spiral. I lot of my drinking triggers I've come to realize is from my marriage and not loving myself which I am currently working on!
I love to workout, teach fitness classes a couple days a week, work full time in an office and also LOVE watching my boys play sports, currently Basketball and Baseball.
Can't wait to get to know everyone better.
Old 05-25-2018, 04:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hello! I'm a mum of 4 kids... I've got a13 year old daughter, 11 year old son, 9 year old daughter and 7 year old son. We live in London. At the moment I'm getting a crash course in the joys of teenagers..... wow! That's a shocker when then starts isn't it?? I'm also getting a little anxious about my 11 year old son starting big school in September. He just seems so small and is such a gentle soul I worry about him joining such a massive school. Be good to come here and share the challenges and joys of being a mum/mom! Good to meet you all xxxx
Old 05-25-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I love this idea!
Hello Mom's

I'm DC
I'm a full time single Mom to an almost 3 year old little boy
I'm employed full time, business owner, my office is not in my home.
I just bought my first house on 5/11
I separated from my guy of 11 years back in like February or March.. I can't remember exactly.
I have been sober since 9/24/17- just hit 8 months with no plans on quitting the quit.

I look forward to getting to know you more, sharing more and learning about this motherhood

Last edited by DreamCatcher17; 05-25-2018 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Add
Old 05-25-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hello! Mom to three here. 18 (step son came to live with us for high school. He struggled with learning and his mom could not support him academically the way we could), a wonderful little lady who just turned 10 and a little prima ballerina (in her mind), who turns 8 later this year. Couple naughty dogs, a very large house cat, some goldfish and of course horses, including a small herd of Shetlands.
Busy, happy and most of all, sober! Still there are days I threaten to take doors off the bedrooms if they get slammed again and I have been known to mutter, omg we have 3 more weeks of this crap when I am tired and had enough of whatever activity, swimming, soccer...
Old 05-25-2018, 09:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ha ha Little Horsie I’m always threatening to take my sons door off! That kid loves to slam his door when he gets mad, little turd!

It’s really great to meet you all!!!

It is unusually chilly for us in So Cal. I love it but it’s making me want to curl up in bed and watch Netflix all day. Sadly Mt laundry doesn’t seem to be washing itself so I guess I better tackle that instead.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good night mommas! I hope you all had a wonderful sober Friday night.