Notices

Another test of this sobriety thing

Old 05-13-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another test of this sobriety thing

Well I'm starting my 103rd day of sobriety. Friday I decided to take a night to myself as my wife had to work Saturday, and spend a night our campsite/property. A little piece of land about an hour from our house. Also has been bad last couple summers as the Devil Water was taking control of everything. Nasty.
I was terrified going out there, had a long chat with the AV telling me to stop at the liquor store for a bottle. AV lost again. Had a massive bonfire, I woke up yesterday morning full of life, went for the longest walk I've ever had there. Saw numerous wildlife, birds singing, squirrels chirping at me in the forest. The kind of things you miss when you wake up in the morning drunk and continue drunk all day. Day 101,102 were great days. Day103 should be even better
Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

YES!!! you've given me hope that I can enjoy camping overnight again without alcohol. I think I drank partly because the woods at night can be a bit scary and that doesn't change when you're sober. Thanks for sharing this! Congrats on your 103!
Old 05-13-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AWESOME! Two of my favorite things in life, nature and being sober.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canuckleman45 View Post
Well I'm starting my 103rd day of sobriety. Friday I decided to take a night to myself as my wife had to work Saturday, and spend a night our campsite/property. A little piece of land about an hour from our house. Also has been bad last couple summers as the Devil Water was taking control of everything. Nasty.
I was terrified going out there, had a long chat with the AV telling me to stop at the liquor store for a bottle. AV lost again. Had a massive bonfire, I woke up yesterday morning full of life, went for the longest walk I've ever had there. Saw numerous wildlife, birds singing, squirrels chirping at me in the forest. The kind of things you miss when you wake up in the morning drunk and continue drunk all day. Day 101,102 were great days. Day103 should be even better

So awesome. You regained control of your feelings and your life. You REPLACED the quick fix or mood changer of alcohol with a healthy, empowering high value behavior.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

Great job staying sober! 103 days is fabulous!
Old 05-13-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love walking in peaceful places and it's something that fills me. I'm glad you had such a good experience and congratulations on your recovery time.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well that was a lovely post to read, thank you so much.