Notices

Avicii died today :( I'm say here drunk.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Avicii died today :( I'm say here drunk.

I didn't know this guy had alcohol problems. I wasn't a fan of his music but I admired his ability to rock a crowd.

And it sort of hits home. Ya'll know how hard this battle is, and ya'll know how many excuses you made before you actually stopped. There's no excuses for my destructive actions right now, but I'd rather people didn't remind me. The advice you're about to give me is the advice I have gave to many on here myself.

I thought I knew the reason for my drinking. In 9 months I've quit twice for 40, and 60 days. I then have a binge, feel sorry for myself, and do another 40-60 days.

It's frustrating how hard this is. You think you have a handle on it and then in a split second it all spirals out of control. I logged all those "bad things that happens to me when I drink". I've read them over and over. Does not help.

I've had hangovers the past 3 days. I'm slipping.

I'm here because I know what I am. I am an alcoholic. My friend has just been diagnosed with alcoholic liver disease as a result of alcohol abuse. He's 2 years older than I am, he's 35.

Avicii was 28. My grandad died in his late 50's from alcohol related problems. My uncle died at 42. My aunt is heading the same way. It's in my bloodline. You'd think a logical brain would figure this out. I'm a programmer, my life revolves around logic theory. But not my brain. My brain wants to escape that logic.

I'm eating less. Alcohol is making me feel nausea and I feel like vomiting.

I'll revisit this thread tomorrow, I'm just logging in. I'm preparing the armour for tomorrows battle.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 16YearsDrunk View Post
I didn't know this guy had alcohol problems. I wasn't a fan of his music but I admired his ability to rock a crowd.

And it sort of hits home. Ya'll know how hard this battle is, and ya'll know how many excuses you made before you actually stopped. There's no excuses for my destructive actions right now, but I'd rather people didn't remind me. The advice you're about to give me is the advice I have gave to many on here myself.

I thought I knew the reason for my drinking. In 9 months I've quit twice for 40, and 60 days. I then have a binge, feel sorry for myself, and do another 40-60 days.

It's frustrating how hard this is. You think you have a handle on it and then in a split second it all spirals out of control. I logged all those "bad things that happens to me when I drink". I've read them over and over. Does not help.

I've had hangovers the past 3 days. I'm slipping.

I'm here because I know what I am. I am an alcoholic. My friend has just been diagnosed with alcoholic liver disease as a result of alcohol abuse. He's 2 years older than I am, he's 35.

Avicii was 28. My grandad died in his late 50's from alcohol related problems. My uncle died at 42. My aunt is heading the same way. It's in my bloodline. You'd think a logical brain would figure this out. I'm a programmer, my life revolves around logic theory. But not my brain. My brain wants to escape that logic.

I'm eating less. Alcohol is making me feel nausea and I feel like vomiting.

I'll revisit this thread tomorrow, I'm just logging in. I'm preparing the armour for tomorrows battle.
I risked death,insanity, and all the other trappings of alcohol for over fiftry years. I was able to toy with' limited' drinking too.
Still the problem was still there. I don't see normies as immune from alcoholism. Any time the disease can take hold.......
I.m more than double your age and pray and hope you will get there too.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good time to quit for good. Dump what you have, and make tomorrow the last day one. Contact a treatment center, go to AA, schedule an appointment with an addiction therapist, the options are endless. You just have to take the first step.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

RIP Avicii.

You have acknowledged that you have a problem yourself, not every 33 year old alcoholic has the self awareness to do that and you have managed 40 and 60 day spells of sobriety, that is good going. It sounds like you are close to succeeding and if you can add a few tweaks to what took you to 60 days you can stay stopped. You can be the person out of your family and friends who beat the addiction. That would be something.

Good luck 16years.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
J50

Alcohol does not discriminate between age, race, religion, fame, or wealth. The best thing is not to pick up the drink in the first place. The second best is to put it down for good. One of my favorite movie lines is from A Bronx Tale, "the saddest thing in life is wasted takent."
Old 04-20-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by J50 View Post
Alcohol does not discriminate between age, race, religion, fame, or wealth. The best thing is not to pick up the drink in the first place. The second best is to put it down for good. One of my favorite movie lines is from A Bronx Tale, "the saddest thing in life is wasted takent."
I loved that movie. Thanks for the quote J50. I'll be thinking about it this weekend staying sober.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why are you assuming it was alcohol? No cause of death. Yes previous issues with alcohol.

Rather than focusing on something you dont know, maybe focus your energy in not picking up the drink and making your own life better

Try this, so much of your thread screams AV desires https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion — Part 6)
Old 04-20-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you can do it
Old 04-20-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't listen to that style of music(unless my daughter is showing me some of her new stuff),but my kid showed me the tour of his house last week or so and I was like "must be nice!"... when I saw the news this morning I remembered that 'not everything that glitters is gold'.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for you and all the other fans and family of Avicii .

You seemed to do pretty well here as a regular poster 16 - maybe it's time to start that again while you work out Recovery 2.0?

D
Old 04-21-2018, 03:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Come back to us man🙂 make this your day 1.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you today 16?

D
Old 04-22-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I’m at Coachella and nearly every EDM act at the Sahara stage has done a tribute. He had a history of drug and alcohol issues including acute pancreatitis at 21, which supposedly led him to stop drinking. He also made the decision to stop touring about 2 years ago. They haven’t determined a cause of death, but with his mental health issues and the physical toll drinking probably took in his youth, it’s highly possible that his death was in some way drug related.

I had a very good friend that died of alcohol induced liver and multiple organ failure. He was 39.

You know alcohol is a major problem in your life 16. It doesn’t need to actually cause death to make you lifeless. Do whatever you need to do and stop.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I’m at Coachella and nearly every EDM act at the Sahara stage has done a tribute. He had a history of drug and alcohol issues including acute pancreatitis at 21, which supposedly led him to stop drinking. He also made the decision to stop touring about 2 years ago. They haven’t determined a cause of death, but with his mental health issues and the physical toll drinking probably took in his youth, it’s highly possible that his death was in some way drug related.

I had a very good friend that died of alcohol induced liver and multiple organ failure. He was 39.

You know alcohol is a major problem in your life 16. It doesn’t need to actually cause death to make you lifeless. Do whatever you need to do and stop.
^^^^^^
This.
Old 04-22-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Check in, 16?

D
Old 05-13-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dean1978 View Post
Why are you assuming it was alcohol? No cause of death. Yes previous issues with alcohol.

Rather than focusing on something you dont know, maybe focus your energy in not picking up the drink and making your own life better

Try this, so much of your thread screams AV desires https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-6-a.html (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion — Part 6)
Sure alcohol is bad, bad, bad, but people die, get ill, go mad, rotten etc from a wide variety of sources. Alcohol and drugs of course will exacerbate this. AA tends to look at alcohol in isolation of all the other factors which may move people to drink in the first place. Kind of like putting the cart before the horse. People who have endured a great deal of personal angst, before ever drinking, may be told to 'get off their pity pot", which is perhaps not ideal advice.