Notices

Maybe I do need help

Old 05-10-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Musical View Post
Thankyou so much for your replies. I honestly didn't expect positive replies. It's motivating it's made me smile and made me feel happy I came here.
I cannot deny already I have slipped up, but I feel I can make a step forward and try harder.
I had a few people around for dinner and kept saying no no no, but then I have in said one wont hurt and it became 3.
My problem is those people that came round do not know my issue. And I do not want to share it with them.
Am I wrong?
Not wrong - but you're making it hard for yourself.

The thing most of us don't realise at first is that we can say no thanks - and we can leave it at that.

There's absolutely no need to go blurting out your whole history of problem drinking.

There's not even a need to offer an excuse like I'm watching my weight, I'm on meds or I have to drive early in the morning or whatever

I understand that makes things a little more comfortable when saying no, but I don't even bother with that.

Just no thanks is all anyone needs to know

I made the mistake of thinking everyone obsessed about drinking like I did. The truth is normal drinkers really don't care if you drink or not.

D