Notices

second dui in a year.. so depressed

Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

Originally Posted by wiggle25 View Post
You are absolutely right and I appreciate your reply. I have almost never picked up alcohol on my own. I don’t get off work and say to myself I’m gonna grab a beer and go home. I literally have one friend I hangout with. Both DUI included that kid. I’ve known him since I was 15 so about 10 years. His idea of fun is going to bars and when he’s not he’s at home drinking. My first dui I blew a .08 my second a .086
Man, no one forces you to put your keys into your car rather than get an Uber. Getting a ride is super easy these days, and there's no "stigma" attached to it like there was back in the day; quite the opposite.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiggle25 View Post
You are absolutely right and I appreciate your reply. I have almost never picked up alcohol on my own. I don’t get off work and say to myself I’m gonna grab a beer and go home. I literally have one friend I hangout with. Both DUI included that kid. I’ve known him since I was 15 so about 10 years. His idea of fun is going to bars and when he’s not he’s at home drinking. My first dui I blew a .08 my second a .086
I'm gonna call you on this.

I have almost never picked up alcohol on my own.
In fact, you have ALWAYS picked up alcohol on your own. It is your hand which touches and grabs the bottle or glass. Your arm which tips it up to your mouth.

Didn't you ever hear the story about the lemmings?

It is 100% in your power to not put alcohol in your body, regardless of what others do around you, or where you are (at bars/parties.) It's entirely possible for you to not drink. BUT it is your choice and no one else is to blame here.

I found it easier to not be around alcohol too frequently in early days, but now it doesn't really bother me. Lots of people I know drink. Doesn't mean I do.

Lots of people beat their dogs, too. I've never done that.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you give more thought to your relationship with alcohol. Alcoholism doesn't have to do with how often you drink, or even how much you drink. It's about what happens to you when you do drink. It sounds to me like alcohol is a big problem in your life. As others said, I'm not trying to dump on you, but I think it's important to be realistic about your relationship with alcohol.