Notices

Just back from A and E

Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Can you get to an AA meeting this weekend? Drinking will only compound this issue so it really is in your best interests to find a way not to drink.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'd recommend you find a different doctor.
He was just the A&E one I got. He wasn't great. When you start talking about drugs / mental health they just fob you off.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard my friend. I too drank like you.... mine was a progressive thing. A heavy drinker/functional for years and it turned into exactly what you describe..... non stop for days until I became so sick I couldn't stand it.

I now have 6 months 2 weeks 3 days (199 days). You can do it too..... you've got to want it. And be willing to do some work. Go for it my friend!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LEP1968 View Post
Welcome aboard my friend. I too drank like you.... mine was a progressive thing. A heavy drinker/functional for years and it turned into exactly what you describe..... non stop for days until I became so sick I couldn't stand it.

I now have 6 months 2 weeks 3 days (199 days). You can do it too..... you've got to want it. And be willing to do some work. Go for it my friend!
Nice work Lep1968!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberista View Post
Can you get to an AA meeting this weekend? Drinking will only compound this issue so it really is in your best interests to find a way not to drink.
Yes there is one near me tomorrow morning at 9am. I take it i should get myself down there? I'm nervous
Old 04-27-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Just go. It can't hurt.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Primativo View Post
Yes there is one near me tomorrow morning at 9am. I take it i should get myself down there? I'm nervous
I really do recommend it. You are going to need some help and support and a local meeting will help sign post you to other things that will help and support in your recovery. Everyone is different and some can manage to jump on the sober bus, and stay on the sober bus, just checking in here etc. It just seems that you could do with a local bunch of recovering friends to help you along. Checking in here is great too! It takes work to kick the devil juice but so very well worth it. You will get your life back. Thoughts are with you.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thoughts are with you Primativo.

Keep fighting. You can do it.

I was a wreck 13 days ago. I couldn't stop shaking and sweating and the anxiety and jumpiness was unbearable. Less than two weeks later I feel utterly different. Yes I still think about drinking but it is a mental thing - not a physical craving anymore.

JT
Old 04-27-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry you are struggling Primativo.

I hope you decide to attend the AA meeting tomorrow,face to face support is invaluable.

Wishing you well.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

This place has made a big difference since I discovered it last night. You've really made today easier. The relentless feel and need for a drink has now subsided. My anxiety levels have dropped. Hopefully a good night's sleep will have me feeling much better tomorrow. I think I will go to the AA meeting tomorrow morning.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Oh thats really good news that you're feeling a little better. The anxiety is horrendous and caused by the booze. It does subside reasonably quickly and you will start to feel you can think again. If you stay close to this site and when you struggle just have a read through posts and other life stories...well it helps to keep you focused on the task in hand. Its like learning any new skill. Keep working at it.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

And definately go to the meeting tomorrow AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

For sure check out the AA meeting..I was scared to go and eventually the judge decided I should(court ordered)..it really helped me.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

how are you doing today Primativo?
Old 04-28-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by andyh View Post
how are you doing today Primativo?
Thank you for asking. I had a decent sleep but not amazing. To be expected. I had night sweats quite badly, which again was expected.

Feeling much much better today and I went to an AA meeting near me and it was brilliant. So much support, some guys gave me some great tips. Just to take it one day at a time. We swapped experiences. I told the room about my recent binge and my journey. I was really welcomed. Even was asked to swap numbers with a guy my age and he said to text him if I start struggling. I'm going to go again tomorrow morning.

I'm aware tonight will be a challenge though. I routinely used to polish off two bottles of red wine on a Saturday night. I'm just going to use the fact that I now hate alcohol for what it does to me. I'm not going near it.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great news youve been to AA! Really chuffed for you. I used to polish off two bottles of red on a saturday igh so i understand that but stick with it and us and tomorrow you will feel so positive with the hangover free feeling. Juat stay on here and read posts or have a bath and an early night. Anything! Just dont drink.

Well done.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:36 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you had a positive experience at your meeting, and I hope the weekend goes well for you.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now & that you've got some support

there are lots of daily support threads here on SR - why not say hello on a few now so you can reach out if you feel the need later:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pport-threads/
Old 04-28-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Some really bad acid reflux at the moment.

Just dry heaved / retched. Also feel quite low in mood and I think that's the valium. I was feeling better before I took the valium. I think I'll stop taking them now.

Going to get into bed and have an early night in a couple of hours.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

ok, hang in there, sounds like you're over the worst of it. if you can get some sleep you should feel better in the morning